Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot, its already got to Miami and its on way to Panama... Cant wait to use it on my 6,4 Quadra-Five... Ill get back with some feedback on it...

Comment

Here is the Deviant fin attached to my Quadra-Five 6,4 as a tried it out yesterday in 1 - 2 ft weak waves conditions... It feels kinda loose but with a lot of drive, I dont know if its loose because its smaller than my PC-7... It went fast on turns but I reckon i might want to try it better conditions when I have the chance.... I guess it takes a while to get the feel of it.. ill come back with more feedback.

Attachment
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah el02.

Stoked! keep us posted

Comment

Who is using the deviant regularly?

Comment

If I'm surfing a left bank on my SR I'll put it in regularly. I surf much better on my backhand with the deviant's help. If I'm on a right I prefer the solid feel of a standard rear fin. The deviant works great top to bottom for a bank hand approach but in a more pumping down the line, frontside approach it feels a little drifty to me. Once you commit to a turn it feels great though.

Comment

I use it in my flexfire (with G5 fins) and I also find it goes great on my backhand. I only use my flexfire in overhead good waves. I have used it in my dominator, it went good but I prefer my Simon Anderson (large) fins in my dom.

Comment

my youngest rides my 510hf exclusively with a deviant and futures ea techflex fronts...even though i still have to push him onto waves, he gives me all the "hydro- co-efficiency" reasons why i have to swap them in for him....!!!

Comment

seriously though...the deviant is the best way to get light groms to sink a rail in....and pump rail to rail...especially as most are on over-volumed boards...

Comment

Maybe that's why I like it

Comment

PRJ the eternal grom.

But yes I agree. A great fin for rail work, especially on a wide tailed board.

Comment

Working...
                      X