Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot, its already got to Miami and its on way to Panama... Cant wait to use it on my 6,4 Quadra-Five... Ill get back with some feedback on it...

Comment

Here is the Deviant fin attached to my Quadra-Five 6,4 as a tried it out yesterday in 1 - 2 ft weak waves conditions... It feels kinda loose but with a lot of drive, I dont know if its loose because its smaller than my PC-7... It went fast on turns but I reckon i might want to try it better conditions when I have the chance.... I guess it takes a while to get the feel of it.. ill come back with more feedback.

Attachment
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah el02.

Stoked! keep us posted

Comment

Who is using the deviant regularly?

Comment

If I'm surfing a left bank on my SR I'll put it in regularly. I surf much better on my backhand with the deviant's help. If I'm on a right I prefer the solid feel of a standard rear fin. The deviant works great top to bottom for a bank hand approach but in a more pumping down the line, frontside approach it feels a little drifty to me. Once you commit to a turn it feels great though.

Comment

I use it in my flexfire (with G5 fins) and I also find it goes great on my backhand. I only use my flexfire in overhead good waves. I have used it in my dominator, it went good but I prefer my Simon Anderson (large) fins in my dom.

Comment

my youngest rides my 510hf exclusively with a deviant and futures ea techflex fronts...even though i still have to push him onto waves, he gives me all the "hydro- co-efficiency" reasons why i have to swap them in for him....!!!

Comment

seriously though...the deviant is the best way to get light groms to sink a rail in....and pump rail to rail...especially as most are on over-volumed boards...

Comment

Maybe that's why I like it

Comment

PRJ the eternal grom.

But yes I agree. A great fin for rail work, especially on a wide tailed board.

Comment

I agree with a lot that's been said. great back hand fin. especially good for steep drops just hugs the face and takes a higher line than a thruster, very helpful for me backside where I often find myself out in the flats without enough gas to power back up to the lip (I'm intermediate at best). It needs to be going from rail to rail though. i know what you mean about it being drifty. the fin needs to either be all the way to one side or the other. it's not so good when you're sort of feathering your direction, like on a soft wave when you're trying to run out before your bottom turn. I don't really like it in small waves unless its a really wide tail board (like dominator), and still you need to be aggressively turning it or locked into a line in a down the line wave. I rode it today in a 6'2 stealth in kind of lumpy chest high and under conditions and especially on my frontside missed the solidness of a fixed fin. I'm going to save it for my 6'6 flexfire and 6'5 hellrazor (on order, can't wait).

Comment

Working...
                        X