X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator: recommended quad fin sets

Has anyone figured out the best quad fin set for the Potatonator or is their a recommendation? I'll be getting the 6'2".

hey sy, I am riding the SF4s but have a set of Rasta quads on order, but I ride a 506.

I think on the 602 you could really like the Controllers too but it depends on what fin system you are getting....

do you have a fin preference? Also what do you weigh?

Cheers!

Comment

My plan is to move my 5'6" Sweet Potato SF4 stretch quad fins to my 6'2" Potatonator (on order)
      Potatonator fever!
      Last edited by thisisharmless; 02-07-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Chris

I have a 508 Potatonator on order in Futures at my weight do you think the Controller fins would be too big a fin for me?

I have the 5 Fin Simon Anderson set as well that i have been using in my 508 Dominator

Thanks

Comment

Controllers are all about drive!!!.
          The Rastas are pretty nice as well

Comment

You can get Contollers style quads for FCS set ups from Indo fins. Google indo fins or look on ebay.

Comment

I love the FCS Rusty R2s, they give you drive, speed and tight little arcs, so far they've worked well in both the dom and my hellfire.

Comment

Does any one have any feedback on the TC Aqualine quad set up ?
                Going to give them a try this weekend, although the swell might be on the small side and more suited to the AM2 thruster set up.

Comment

Controllers definitely not too big on the 508. lots of folks are loving them in boards of similar size/volume?

Cheers!

Comment

Tried the Indo Fins Controllers this morning on my 5'8" PNator thanks to my new fin sponsor Buzzy!
                    Thanks Buzzy your a good guy!
                    The board went unreal!! Very fast and responsive. Surf was a clean 1-2ft with the odd shoulder high but still not a lot of power.
                    If I can say one little negative was I did miss the middle fin of a thruster when coming off the top from a reo or back around from a roundhouse....yes that's right a roundhouse! This little board was all over it.

Well that was my last surf for a couple of months and it was a good one to finish on!

Comment

All you have to do to get that drive right through the roundhouse is put in a rakier set (in appropriate size) of rear fins.
                      Good luck with your hiatus.

Comment

I'm using 6'2" too, is it something wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
                          All you have to do to get that drive right through the roundhouse is put in a rakier set (in appropriate size) of rear fins.
                          Good luck with your hiatus.
                          Or add a little stabiliser in the 5th fin box.

Comment

Has anyone used the Mayhem GMB 5 fin set? Keen to pull the trigger on a set to use on a Potatonator and Spitfire....was keen on the Simons but they dont offer a 5 fin set

Comment

Benny, I have both of those sets..the new GMB 5 Fin (Fluro) and the Simon Anderson Large quad set...I personally liked the Simons in the PN due to the bigger tip on those fins...They just seemed to work better with that board.

Comment

Working...
                              X