X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Controllers" in FCS

I recall that on the old board someone here (prj maybe???) picked up a set of Controller-like FCS fins from Indofins online shop. I was waiting for a report on them to see how they go. So, any updates?

Nah not me, can't remember who. I'd like to hear from someone who's ridden the Controllers as to how they compare.

Comment

Could it have been buzzy? I'm too lazy to search it right now...

Comment

Yep!
        buzzy October 2011 Permalink
        Just got my indo fin controllers. I may use them tomorrow on the Dom. Depends on wave size etc but I'm also still getting used to the Dom in thruster mode. I'll report after use, whenever that is.

Comment

Yeah, it was me. I've only used them the once (!?!) since. That's because I really like thrusters. They seemed to offer reasonable drive, good hold and good speed. I'll tell you what - I'll whack them in overnight and surf them tomorrow morning and report again. Conditions should be just right tomorrow for a quad Dom.

Comment

I have a set of the Indo Fin FSC Controllers in my 5'4 Spud. Used them about 5 times now they have nice hold and seem quite drivey.

I have tried them out on a hip high beachie and a few times on a 2-3ft and a 3-4ft fat reef break. Don't mind them at all.............especially as they only cost me $50AU delivered.

I will be trying a set of K2.1 Quads in the spud next time i use it.

Comment

Rainbow Fins also make an FCS model of the controller. I thought they were a bit small for me but I am 97 kgs and surfing higher volume boards.

Comment

Ok, surfed the indo fin controllers again today. Reasonable drive and hold in super gutless, 1 foot clean conditions. I got hung up on top turns a couple of times and couldn't drive cutbacks as I normally would. In fairness the surf was too small to get meaningful feedback and I need to allow a longer adjustment period. I'll be whacking in some PC7 or GAM thrusters tomorrow though and leaving the experimentation for when I have a week off work in the surf everyday.

Comment

yeah but that happens with big quads, can be a little sticky

Comment

Hey buzzy, what's the build quality like on the Indofins? Thinking about some controllers or H3 Nexus copies for my new El Fuego. Thanks mate.

Comment

They build quality seems fine to me. They don't look as sexy as the FCS PC or PG fins, or Futures fins with the honey combed semi transparent type appearance, but they seem to be finished to a nice standard, and don't weigh too much. They're basically...actually, they are entirely....hand foiled fibreglass, so they're similar to the FCS fibreglass fins in appearance, but with bold colours instead of the "natural" appearance of FCS fibreglass fins.

Comment

tallkook
                        I'm not sure how much difference the actual composition of the fin makes (as opposed to the shape) with the H3 Nexus, but it is a hell of a match for the ElF. I suspect that the materials the fin is made of allow them to have the specific flex characteristics that they have, which is why they feel so lively in the board. If the indofin version is basically the same shape in just glass, I'm not certain that they will perform the same.

Comment

There is no difference in the composition of the Futures Controller fins to the Indo controllers fin as they are both in fibreglass;

http://www.futuresfins.com/fin-detail.php?id=186

Any differences are probably aesthetic.

Comment

Yeah I have a set of the green ones and they weight like hell!!! but they do the job quite nicely

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas. I ended up going with Shapers Quad E fins (Carbon Stealth). The board goes really well but feels like it needs more fin in the water for me. I have tried SF4 quad fins but they felt too small. It goes pretty well with PC7 thruster set up but I tried a mates Shapers Quads and the board just flies.

Comment

Working...
                              X