Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad Setup Lost Stealth

Hi
    Would like some suggestions for a quad setup on my Lost Stealth.
    I currently have PC5 s in as a thruster. I am 6"1 (185cm) and 84kg dry. I've heard that the board loves a quad setup and am keen to give it a go.
    Thanks

Sure, definitely worth giving it a shot.

I'm 5'9 68kg and have a 5'9" stealth.
    Ride mostly as a thruster but if fat, or HH or so, quad with PC5 fronts and GX rears for a change.
    That's all I have at the moment and sizing and shape pretty similar to most quad setups out there.
    Biggest thing with the Stealth for me is getting the rear foot right back on the pad. More so when quad than thruster.
    Be interesting trying a nubster fin.

Comment

If you use your stealth as hp shorty. Then this is setup to use.
      Tc aqualine sides, AB tow fins for rear quads and nubster fin in top rear fcs tab.
      If you put the nubster in the bottom tab it anchors the board too much in bottom turns, and you feel like you have really have make sure your foot is right at the back of the pad to turn the board.
      However, stick it in the top rear tab, and it's magic. You get all the extra speed the quad offers, but it feels just like a thruster, no skatey feel when your driving down the line. The nubster is most definitely worth getting.
      I think the rear back fcs tabs are too close to the rounded bat tail, that's why the board works best as a quad+nubster setup

Comment

Thanks guys will give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by stylar View Post
          If you use your stealth as hp shorty. Then this is setup to use.
          Tc aqualine sides, AB tow fins for rear quads and nubster fin in top rear fcs tab.
          If you put the nubster in the bottom tab it anchors the board too much in bottom turns, and you feel like you have really have make sure your foot is right at the back of the pad to turn the board.
          However, stick it in the top rear tab, and it's magic. You get all the extra speed the quad offers, but it feels just like a thruster, no skatey feel when your driving down the line. The nubster is most definitely worth getting.
          I think the rear back fcs tabs are too close to the rounded bat tail, that's why the board works best as a quad+nubster setup
          This is so interesting; I think that I've seen a few others completely raving about this setup (donniedarko comes to mind). I think that those AB01 Tow fins are something like $174, so I'm kinda hesitant to buy them, but it looks like they have cheaper ones now (AB02) that are made with less exotic materials. I absolutely loveeee the nubster with my Futures Controller setup in my 5'7 stub, but I tried the nubster in the rear FCS tab on my Stealth with Stretch FS4's and it was sooo bad - ultra tracky and sticky. I'll try it in the other tab and will do my best to try the Aqualine / AB01 setup since I'm so intrigued!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyDanger View Post
            This is so interesting; I think that I've seen a few others completely raving about this setup (donniedarko comes to mind). I think that those AB01 Tow fins are something like $174, so I'm kinda hesitant to buy them, but it looks like they have cheaper ones now (AB02) that are made with less exotic materials. I absolutely loveeee the nubster with my Futures Controller setup in my 5'7 stub, but I tried the nubster in the rear FCS tab on my Stealth with Stretch FS4's and it was sooo bad - ultra tracky and sticky. I'll try it in the other tab and will do my best to try the Aqualine / AB01 setup since I'm so intrigued!
            i always found my stealth went better as a 3 fin since you surfed it more top to bottom, never really dialed in a 4 fin set i liked, 1 of the reasons being with a quad you end to draw longer arc's through turns and i personally always found the rail towards the front of the board too sharp and not forgiving ( could do with the rail line being softened up a bit - but what the hell do i know...lol) hence the board would dig a rail on the drawn out turns hence my preference for a more pivoty feeling tri set up

Comment

Working...
            X