X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on K3's

Has anyone got any feedback on these? And maybe the K2.1 as well? How would they suit a heavier (90kg) guy looking to try a slightly looser fin than a PC7 or PC GAM?

I'm a big fan, but I'm medium weight. Haven't really tried the on a shortboard, only on a Spitfire and Sub Scorcher. Liked them on both. More hold and drive than the K2.1s which I find get slidey on a stubby board in good waves, but the K3s still turn well and release when pushed.
    I'm not sure if they'd make a normal shortboard feel stiff, probably not, especially for a heavier guy. I'd try them in my CBD but to be honest I'm not going to use anything other than the Soar Powerbase fins anymore. Far better fins than anything I've used from FCS.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

i rode 2.1s up to 95ish kg...loved em...never needed anything else...keep in mind this was in thin narrow tailed hperf boards...drive and projection came from rails/outline...release from fins...they would of been too small in shorter wide tailed boards....i had old fcs 6's to step up to...very similar to the k3's i'm told...lengthened arcs less release and slower reaction time..(point break fins)

Comment

Interestingly, Jadson Andre seems to use the K3s as his go to fin and he's a great beach break, tail slides and above the lip surfer, and a lighter guy.

Comment

i wonder if that's as a result of going shorter, flatter, wider.?..they all seem to be trending that way...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ww6azloDM

18 wide so there goes that theory haha

Comment

I think I might give these a go then (the K3's). They're designed obviously to provide drive for a smaller surfer. Maybe that'd make a good small wave fin for a bigger guy who likes drive? I'll soon find out!

Incidentally I joined the bad back party yesterday. Only around 1 foot lefts and managed to tweak my back somehow. I suspect it was in trying to throw a board around backhand in conditions where the wave rarely provided enough power of itself. I REALLY wanted to hit that lip! Ouch. Ibuprofen and a few days of rest will hopefully be enough to get me back in the water soon.

Comment

welcome to the club mate...your id card and lapel pin are in the mail.....dont rush back in..get it right first..(says me who does the opposite.!)

Comment

I have tweaked my back a few times over the years because I have had my height and leg length changed through surgery on 3 occasions and because that changes the angle of the pelvis it inevitably happens while the muscles and tendons stretch and get used to the new position. This may sound strange but I found riding my bike up steep hills helps stretch it and strengthen it, both as a prevention and also as treatment! That's right, it seems to really help when I've tweaked it, usually comes right in about 3 or 4 days instead of 6 or 7 if I do nothing.

Comment

yep, you have to stay mobile...if its bad then immediate rest is needed but if there is no serious problem to prevent it, you should get moving as soon as you can (even careful walking with the best posture you can manage)...the type of mobility/exercise you employ will be dictated by your specific problem...this is where your medical professional comes in...for example, if i ride a bike or run or do anything that can encourage further extension, i'll be back in bed...

Comment

My new PG K3's arrived today. Now I just need the Futura to surf them on, although I'll probably whack them on the Dom over the weekend. Looks like an Alt surf tomorrow.

Comment

Nice!! they may actually feel best on the alternator!!

Comment

I've started using these in my Dom. After initially feeling a little tracky i'm really enjoying them. Lots of drive but still loose.

Comment

hi prjwebb - were do you get your 'powerbase' fins from in Cornwall ?....thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X