X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC7 with G-XQ Quad set

What are people's experiences with this set up? I'm a 90kg intermediate with a thruster preference but wanting to give quads a go. I use and like PC7s in a thruster set up. They'd be for use in a Dom.

Thats the perfect set up for a dom my first firewire was a 6'4" Dom with that fin set up and it was great in all conditions from 1-4ft. I now use a future set up in my SP & HF and still have the PC7/G-XQ gathering dust.

Comment

yeah it would likely work. it will be a slightly more drawn out quad sensation vs a more upright, free quad set like the popular SF4s. Ride that set up in bigger steeper surf and I think you'll really like. Think more power and flow.

Comment

I second what Chris says. I have a set that I have tried in my El Fuego and in smaller, mushier surf they turn the board into a bit of a pig. In that stuff they felt like they lacked drive and pivot. Not a great combo for my tastes. I can see where in bigger steeper waves they would go well though.

Comment

I have used FG7s (they'd be called UL7s now) with GXQs on a Stretch F4 quad surfboard and they went well...the extra flex makes a difference, though I found on other boards they seemed to have less drive.
          Last edited by Slowman; 08-11-2012, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Finally surfed the GXQ's with the PC7's today. It was small surf and I didn't find them to be stiff at all; to the contrary I found them to be loose and fast. I think they've now extended the bottom range of my Dom.

Comment

more evidence that the fin argument is so subjective. Being a front footed or back footed surfer can have a major impact on whether a fin feels loose or stiff....

Comment

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
                Finally surfed the GXQ's with the PC7's today. It was small surf and I didn't find them to be stiff at all; to the contrary I found them to be loose and fast. I think they've now extended the bottom range of my Dom.
                Hi Buzzy,

How much do u weight and what size is ur potatonator?

Comment

Hi, I'm 90kg and ride a 6'4" Dom.

Comment

Working...
                  X