X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2s

Anyone used the Large H2s in a Sweet Potato? Just bought a used thruster set on ebay with the intention of trying the fronts in the SP with some other rears.
    Fingers crossed I won't regret it.

I have not used them, and this is not exactly applicable to the SP, but a lot of guys do use the H2 fin where I normally surf. The word is that the cant of the fin generates a lot of lift in the back of the board, making it a bit looser/faster. Dont know how that would translate in a board like the SP.

Comment

A board that is already fast and loose, made faster and looser. The world could end!

I'll post some feedback when I try them. Chances are they will be a smaller wave set but well see.

Comment

I didnt like them. Gave them several goes..just felt like an anchor on the board to me...hope you like them though.

Comment

Yeah seems like people either love them or hate them. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
            ... Chances are they will be a smaller wave set but well see.
            Those are the reports I've seen on fora regarding the H2 thruster set. The thrust, if you'll pardon the pun, is they don't hold in bigger waves. One of the reasons I waited for the H3 release.

I've tried the H3s, now I don't know if you could say they are a refinement of the H2s or "another attempt at the perfect fin" starting from scratch, so take from this what you will. I have an H3 tri-quad set, as a quad they're fast and drivey but a bit stiff, however that is using the H3 rears which could be swapped out for something a little smaller. As a thruster set I found them quite good.

By changing the rears it's like creating a whole new fin set anyway, match the H2 in front with something like GQ-X rears and it might not be too loose, something like the R2 QR might make it go like a ratty skateboard with super loose trucks. Might be fun!

Comment

I too love the H3's and have a tri quad set...much much better than H2's IMO and the H3's are a cross between H2's and the K2.1's and less radical than the H2's.

Comment

I used the H2's when they first came out in a Webber Fatburner. I wasn't a huge fan of the board and the H2's made it worse. I thought so little of them I threw them out! Thruster configuration.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
                    I used the H2's when they first came out in a Webber Fatburner. I wasn't a huge fan of the board and the H2's made it worse. I thought so little of them I threw them out! Thruster configuration.
                    Buzzy, dont hold back brother. Tell us how you really feel...and PRJ..how much did you pay for them???? Ha !

Comment

I paid about 50% of retail and they are listed as immaculate so hopefully if I don't like them I can sell them on and get my money back anyway.

Comment

I usually hang onto fins that don't work in one board in the hope they'll work in another...sometimes though it never happens. I bought a set of Sunny Garcias tried them in a few different boards and never worked for me, gave up and sold them.

Comment

Yeah I think something like the SP is the only board I'd use them in. I like the most neutral fins possible in my shortboards.

Comment

I have the same feeling about the Sunny's but haven't sold them off.
                            The centre fin is in a FCS single fin box adaptor and I can't get it out so there it stays.

Comment

Pete, I should have taken your advice on the Indo Fins for only a few difference but was a bit worried about getting stung with an 8 customs handling fee + 20% VAT and then ending up an expensive set of fins...

Comment

Working...
                              X