X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCS Potatonator

Does the Potatonator come in FCS? If so, what set fins would work with a 5'10 potatonator that surfs El Porto Beach breaks (manhanttan beach)? I m 175lb 5'9

Open to quad or tri fin... thanks

Sure does i have a 506 FST Potatonator.

I have tried mine with PC7 in the front and GQx in the rear they were ok but i did not like the feel of them. I settled on using the Rusty R2 Quad set and found them to great hold, drive, speed and pretty easy to turn under speed.

I haven't tried it as a Thruster yet but will hope to do so in the next few surfs, the Potatonator really lends itself to be ridden as a Quad as the tail is quite wide.

Comment

thanks for the advice. I will checkout the Rusty quad fins. Please update ur experience with the thruster setup.

Chris - I just bought a 5'10 Potatonator from E.T. Surf. Its coming next thursday! Cant wait to use it in these small surf!!!

Comment

second opinion anyone? i weight 175lb, would the Rusty be too small for me? Any other recommendation for FCS fins on the potatonator? Thanks

Comment

Don't think you can go too far wrong with the K2.1 quad set. I ran that in my Sweet Potato on Tuesday and had a blast. I'd probably run that in the Potatonator and throw in the Nubster when it was a little bigger or more punchy.

Comment

what do you think about the Simon Anderson S25 Large? whats the difference from the S25 and the SA-1 ? Anyone know? which one would be the better fit for the Potatonator?

Comment

I found the L SA25s a bit tracky in my old Dominator. The wider tail of the PN may counter this but it is a lot of fin area and they are fairly raked.

Not sure what's different about the SA-1. Are they rebranded? Not sure it the 25s were the 25th anniversary set or something.

Comment

Working...
              X