Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordy Smith Fins

Wassup Everyone!!!

Anyone got a chance to try the Jordy Smith fins out yet??? I'm wondering how it performs as a thruster and as a Quad setup (e.g. Jordy front + Controller rear, Jordy front + any size S fin, etc).

http://www.futuresfins.com/fin-detai...jordy_full.jpg

ALOHA!!

i don't have futures but thats a big fin..

Comment

yeah those are hefty!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        yeah those are hefty!
        Chris, I'm thinking it might work well as a quad...just gotta find some good trailers. Since base is huge it might be good for those weak knee to chest high waves! :D

Comment

Originally posted by kdropin View Post
          i don't have futures but thats a big fin..
          How are those stretch quads working for you on the spud and pnator?

Comment

havent gotten the pnator yet but like em on the spud

Comment

I got a set and I really like them. I really loved the AM2 futures. The Jordys seem to release a lot better, with all the drive that you get in the AM2s. They are my new favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGreen View Post
                I got a set and I really like them. I really loved the AM2 futures. The Jordys seem to release a lot better, with all the drive that you get in the AM2s. They are my new favorite.
                MeanGreen, that's exactly what I want to hear! :D Have you tried them in a quad configuration as well? I'm looking for a new setup for my potatoes.

Comment

Like them in my Spitfire. Only surfed in thruster. The base is huge! The leading edge of the base partially covers the screw hole for the fin boxes. You can get em on okay but it makes it a two step process (slightly tighten, push fin all the way in, fully tighten). My only caveat is that I typically am on a slightly shorter board for my weight so I typically can get away with more beefy fins. Your mileage may vary. Good luck!

Attachment
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LeftLane View Post
                    Like them in my Spitfire. Only surfed in thruster. The base is huge! The leading edge of the base partially covers the screw hole for the fin boxes. You can get em on okay but it makes it a two step process (slightly tighten, push fin all the way in, fully tighten). My only caveat is that I typically am on a slightly shorter board for my weight so I typically can get away with more beefy fins. Your mileage may vary. Good luck!

Attachment
                    LeftLane, the fins look sick! I got the same size board, 508 spit. I just ordered a set of Jordys...anxiously waiting. thanks for the tip!
                    ALOHA!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Indeed!!! those fins pack some meat right there, Pretty raked as well but with a nice release off the tip, they look pretty interesting indeed

Comment

I just got the Jordys !! And a bunch of other fins!!! haha!!! Can't wait to try em out this weekend!

ALOHA!!Attachment

Attachment
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii_boi View Post
                          I just got the Jordys !! And a bunch of other fins!!! haha!!! Can't wait to try em out this weekend!

ALOHA!!Attachment

Attachment
                          If I am not mistaken Jordy is around 90kgs. His fins are huge and with you being much shorter and much lighter (77kgs) you will struggle to turn those massive fins. I am 85kgs and am a bit wary of buying them. Let us know how you go but IMO they are to big for you by a long way as a straight up thruster set. I understand if you are looking to use them as BIG fronts on the potato...that kind of makes sense but as a thruster in your Spit..I just dont know.
                          Attached Files

Comment

FW -Fan,
                            I'm testing the Jordys fronts and Rusty R1 rears on my Spud right now.

Next test will be on my spitfire: Jordy front and Rusty R1 center (M size). With this setup, i think i'll be able to turn board and release fins (hopefully...).

I'll keep you guys posted!

ALOHA!!

Comment

@hawaii_boi- have u checked Peter from Hawaii Surf Factory? the jordys r $80 and the solus r as well. he's got pretty good deals on fcs, futures, leashes, bags and any kine stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X