Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'8" Potato-nator fins help.

Hello all,
    I just got the 5'8" potato-nator and was wanting to know a good quad fin setup. I usually dont ride quads but want to start on this board, i weigh 145lbs and am 5'6". The board has future fin setup i am surfing in North Carolina so most of the time the waves here all small and mushy. We do good days every so often.

soilsurfer252, for your weight, i heard the F4 and Rasta quad sets are good.

ALOHA!!

Comment

I have the 5'8" and have a heap of fun with the Controllers.

Comment

I have heaps of fun with the Elevons as well

Comment

Thanks for the help might see if i can try and demo some of those fins. Have any of you tried out that surfboardwarehouse.com? I guess for 10 bucks a month you can demo as many fins as you want, kinda like netflix for surfers. Do the Rastas and controllers have pretty good stabilty? I know some fins on quads can get pretty lose on bigger waves. Thanks again

Comment

you also cant go wrong with the SF4s...

Comment

I've got the elevons in mine , after trying sf4 and others I like the elevons the best they seem to have made the board come alive ,its a 5'8 also but I'm 6'2 and 190lbs

Comment

If you can beg borrow or steal to get a set of Elevons..do it. They are THE best fins IMO for that board...dont ask me why thought...cause I have no clue.

Comment

I seccond tht motion, although I like the Solus

Comment

What set would work for a truster setup in the p-nator?
                    At:
                    83kg
                    3 to 5 foot waves
                    All conditions
                    Progressing to intermidiate ability

Cuttle you were/are surfing your p-nator as a truster right?

Comment

Something large. Maybe the large Simon set? I think cuttlefish goes the the Merrick twin (FAM?) and trailer set.

Comment

Originally posted by SvenBoogert View Post
                        What set would work for a truster setup in the p-nator?
                        At:
                        83kg
                        3 to 5 foot waves
                        All conditions
                        Progressing to intermidiate ability

Cuttle you were/are surfing your p-nator as a truster right?
                        87Kgs and have the SOLUS on mine, love those fins up to chest high, for anything over that I go for the AM2, otherwise the board squirts out of the bottom turns and it does not give me enough drive while doing roundhouses

Comment

PN - Josh Mulcoys and CC - EA Blackstix

Comment

The elevons really do work well in the PN but I found you need good shoulder + punchy waves for the fins to work as intended. in small surf the fins really don't feel much different than my Josh Malcoy setup. I just got the Clay Marzo quad tech flex fins in my v2 rocket and those fins kicked ass in small waves (2-3ft faces) it felt like there was a motor on the tail.

Comment

Working...
                            X