X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solus fins

I got hold of some demo Solus and AM2 quads to try 6'2" MD this weekend.

I've seen some positive feedback on the AM2's thruster set so assume the quad set will be good to try but I haven't seen much feedback on the Solus fins.

Can anyone tell me what they go like because the are an unusual fin set compared to what I am used to.

Thanks!

paging iggy, paging iggy... your solus sense is required.........

Comment

Ha! come on Iggy - whatcha got?

Comment

I wont comment until you have tried them....dont want to put you off...or maybe I just did?

Comment

Spill the beans FW-Fan all info is good info and besides they are only demo's!

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
            Spill the beans FW-Fan all info is good info and besides they are only demo's!
            Now..Iggy will loose his shit when I say this but...I think they are crap. I bought a set ...and while its not Iggys fault...I was influenced somewhat by his froth on the fins...I tried them and tried them but they felt like a twinny to me. Maybe I didnt have the right boards for them but I eventually sold them...so...I am not a fan.

Comment

I reckon we have similar taste in fins. I don't get on with many of the fancy fins. Always seem to prefer the simple more neutral sets.

Comment

Hey FW-Fan did you ever try the Elevon fins in the MD?

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
                  Hey FW-Fan did you ever try the Elevon fins in the MD?
                  No not in the MD , I have only ever used those fins in the PN and they work better than any other fin I have used in that board...including the Controllers. I sold my HF before I used them in that ...and am kicking myself I did but the HF was a better wave board for me and in the kinds of conditions I used that board I didnt want to be getting out and having to change fins when it was pumping. I did try the for 2 waves in a BP that was a demo but didnt really get a feel for them in that board...Recently I changed out the Rastas from the MD and put in the AM Tech Flex quads...not sure I like that set up. I will give it another go but I am not feeling the love there...

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
                    No not in the MD , I have only ever used those fins in the PN and they work better than any other fin I have used in that board...including the Controllers. I sold my HF before I used them in that ...and am kicking myself I did but the HF was a better wave board for me and in the kinds of conditions I used that board I didnt want to be getting out and having to change fins when it was pumping. I did try the for 2 waves in a BP that was a demo but didnt really get a feel for them in that board...Recently I changed out the Rastas from the MD and put in the AM Tech Flex quads...not sure I like that set up. I will give it another go but I am not feeling the love there...
                    Hey the other set I picked up to demo was also the AM2 Techflex quads – we’ll compare notes.

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                      paging iggy, paging iggy... your solus sense is required.........
                      Sorry guys!!! been quite busy lately .
                      Let see the SOLUS so far is may favourite set of thruster. The magic about this set is the sort of hatchet center fin which makes the board very lively. I believe they have a bit extra cant in them giving the board a bit extra lift as speed increases and the laid back template will give you quite some drive. Call me crazy but love these in the potatonator

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
                        Now..Iggy will loose his shit when I say this but...I think they are crap. I bought a set ...and while its not Iggys fault...I was influenced somewhat by his froth on the fins...I tried them and tried them but they felt like a twinny to me. Maybe I didnt have the right boards for them but I eventually sold them...so...I am not a fan.
                        Not a problem FW - Fan
                        I do really enjoy those fins and the loosen and tighten the arc on the small to medium size waves. When it gets bigger I rather have something with a bit more hold like the AM2's. Now the Jordy's
                        It all has to do with the type of waves and the style of surfing I guess.
                        Hey FW - Fan in which board did you try the fins on?

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                          Not a problem FW - Fan
                          I do really enjoy those fins and the loosen and tighten the arc on the small to medium size waves. When it gets bigger I rather have something with a bit more hold like the AM2's. Now the Jordy's
                          It all has to do with the type of waves and the style of surfing I guess.
                          Hey FW - Fan in which board did you try the fins on?
                          On a couple of Josh Dowlings and the Sub Schorcher....very different boards and very ordinary results in both. Actually I think I tried them in the HF as well but cant remember exactly...which say a lot about how I must have felt about them.

Comment

A little something I found. This explains the properties of the fins according to the people who designed them
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUq4eKlYNSU

Last note, I Don't believe on that "designed for good surfers" since... well I'm not one and they do actually work for me.
                            Last edited by iggy; 03-07-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

On the ELVONS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ej2cqdhWJI

Comment

• Tescot
                                Tescot commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Love the guy riding the waves with him around the 5 min mark! LOL
                            Working...
                            X