• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so many fins to try, so little funds!

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
      Life was simpler when my quiver had one board with glass on fins... that's actually all I could afford jejeje ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
        the wife has put an embargo on my fin fetish.....shop knows to keep them locked up...to get more i'll have to slink into a blacked out doorway down a dark alley wearing a trenchcoat with a furtive leer.......
        Last edited by core personal training; 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM. Reason: kant spel goode

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
          Now..Iggy will loose his shit when I say this but...I think they are crap. I bought a set ...and while its not Iggys fault...I was influenced somewhat by his froth on the fins...I tried them and tried them but they felt like a twinny to me. Maybe I didnt have the right boards for them but I eventually sold them...so...I am not a fan.
          @Goanna,
          I agree with FW - Fan. The Solus weren't cutting it for me. I tried them on my potato and spitfire. knee to chest high it felt like i was dragging. Down the line speed was nonexistent. The only time it actually went was on wedgy breaks chest high and up. Once I reach flat sections or the shoulder it slows down dramatically! I'm getting ready to post it on craigslist. I'm loving my Jordy, Rusty R1, and EA techflex fins.

Comment

After mixing and matching a couple sets of Futures, I think I found my favorite quad setup. Solus fronts and Elevon rears.

Comment

• Coastandtoast
              Coastandtoast commented
              Editing a comment
              I have that setup on my spitfire and pretty stoked on how fast they go. Now if I can sell my Elevon fronts with the solus rear I will feel like I didn't spend $300 on this combo lol

Ive found the black stix strange and not drivey, then when I put more pressure on my front foot at take off these fins held and really sped off at amazing speed, so with the Solus fins as well.

Comment

Working...
            X