X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Sol Knubster vs TMF-1 Knubster

Anyone got test results they would like to share?? Mahalo!

ALOHA!!

not yet...

Comment

Recently I've been hearing of folks in Hawaii filing their Deviant fins down to a knubster and apparently they work really good! Any possibility for a 'deviant knubster' production model there Chris?

Comment

Chris,
        Why did Firewire stop making/selling the Deviant?

ALOHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by John808 View Post
          Recently I've been hearing of folks in Hawaii filing their Deviant fins down to a knubster and apparently they work really good! Any possibility for a 'deviant knubster' production model there Chris?
          Thats more than 70% of the fin gone! haha! I just ordered a Von Sol knub...can't wait to try it out!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by John808 View Post
            @John808, I just picked up the Deviant. I'm gonna try it a few times as is then decide later if I should file it down or not...can't wait to try it!

Attachment

ALOHA!!
            Attached Files

Comment

The Deviant is a really fun fin actually, especially back hand. If I was surfing a left point I'd use it for sure. It really tightens up my backhand bottom turn/top turn combo and help me to stay tighter in the pocket instead of ending up a little more on the shoulder. I didn't like the feel when pumping frontside though, it had that twinny drift sort of feeling as I transitioned between pumps. I definitely tightens up those arcs though!

Comment

I must try mine in my sub. I tried it on the PN but I don't like the PN as a thruster. I felt the excess drag in the weaker surf.
                I did find the turning radius was reduced but need to try in waves with more juice.

Comment

@prjwebb, did you try it as a thruster? How about 5-fin?

ALOHA!!

Comment

Yeah thruster. 5 fun could be interesting

Comment

my next fin test. i wonder if this is overkill???! haha!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
                      X