X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancho Signature Fins

Been riding Pancho Signature fins in my 6 6 Hellfire. These fins are perfect for the type of surf I ride the board in and for my weight. Currently around 215 pound. Experimented with the Simon Anderson Composites and found they work great also. Personally I feel the Hellfire likes the bigger fins.

I have heard good things about the Pancho fins...

Comment

yep those, along with am2's ...right down to 70kg guys on 5'10's

Comment

Am-2s work great, But for a Quad, I am just wondering if any of you tried AM-2s as fronts and something smaller as a trailer I can experiment with?

Comment

no help here.. i'm a tri-guy..!!..just for interest, just back from 6ft thick open water peak..left was sunset bowl in reverse.(for 3 waves til the tide turned and my back told me to stop)..you would think i needed a 6'3 h'perf or even a 6'6 step up..with the water movement and draw up the face...but was laying the 5'10HF over full weight delayed back-hand bottom turns to swooping full rail off the tops..power held throughout...looped through each combo like a comp board into the next combo...no hint of hybrid at all...sa3's in the engine room....dont need my am2's sweep....board has projection built in..and then some

Comment

Cant wait to get some AM 2 for my Hellfire!! They look perfect to add more snap in my turns!!!

Comment

found in mine compared to the sa's they bind a little when initiating wiggles/pumps...(techflex) definitely stiffen it up..which sort of defeats the purpose of the hellfire...slightly longer arc, but you can get that by holding that biting rear rail in anyway...may mix better with your longer rail line, but at 90kg on the 5'10, the sa's blend in perfectly...very neutral...

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzkat View Post
                Am-2s work great, But for a Quad, I am just wondering if any of you tried AM-2s as fronts and something smaller as a trailer I can experiment with?
                Did you ever find a good match with the front AM2 for your quad set up? I have a set and just got a spitfire, curious to what you found.

Comment

Barney, for up to head high average surf , Am-2 4.79 fronts matched the rear quad 3.8 fins of the Rusty 5 fin set perfectly, I will be trying the V2F4 rear quad 3.75 also next session. I still have to get my back foot on the rear of my board between the fins when riding the Quad set up.

On a more powerful wave, with barrels you'd want more hold I will be using the AM-2's 4.78 with the Tim Stamps 4.0 rears once the waves are over head and barreling.

I am still waiting for a pair of SA-4's to buy, noone has them anywhere. I would use them in the Winter surf when its juicy.
                  Last edited by Fritzkat; 05-28-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Barney, Loving the AM-2's 4.79" with either the Rusty quad rears 3.85" or the V2F4's 3.75" mostly head high surf. At my weight they connect all manuvers as long as i surf every other day which is impossible sometimes. I used to be a Tri guy but have found I like the Quad speed more for my style as I get older and slower to stand up and drive.

I have SA-4 rears and AM-2 rears on order for 1.5 to 2X over head. I dont get to surf that size very often.

Comment

Working...
                    X