• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on futures

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some fins
    I usually surf with the Kelly 2.1 setup
    Is there any future setups that are similar
    As the MB model only comes in futures it might be time to experiment

The WCT set look the closest to the K2.1. I think they'd be my choice in the MB.

Attachment Attachment
    Attached Files

Comment

Wandi

WCT's are definately the closest fin in Futures to the K2.1 setup.

I find the WCT's my favourite fin for most conditions and always use them in my Taj Pro.....get the Techflex version of the fin as shown above by Prj.

Comment

I would maybe add these 2 to the wish list
        Attachment
        This is Clay Marzo's next fin incarnation featuring an updated template and built in our Techflex construction for powerful surfing. The large base provides drive off the bottom while the small tip allows you to release the fins
        Attachment
        Our smaller template for the large sized light footed surfer. The large base is designed for power off the bottom and thin tip for fin free maneuvers.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by iggy; 01-22-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

rode k2.1's as fave in fcs...in normal shooters i found futures jc's the best replacement...wct's smaller less drive and hold...ea's and am1's(smaller in futures) too small in tip...am2's i like but bigger and stiffer...not a 2.1 replacement but a good step up fin...this for around 90kg's in normal tails...i will play around but expect in the MB i will use jc's and am2's

Comment

yeah I have ridden both the k2.1s and the FWCTs and I do find them to rid similarly...loose and playful. I like them in small surf and as quads, especially in hybrids....

Cheers

Comment

chris, its alright for you flyweights...!!!...i overpowered them...gotta lose the gut..um..i mean abs..!!...just back from sticking my head out of the lip while matt wilco sprayed me with his off the tops....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.....although he's making me feel old and slow... :(

Comment

jajaja you have to loose your abs and I have to find mine!!!!!.
                I was going now through some pics when Donavon was surfing the wave here before a concert and was just realizing how lucky you guys are to have all that talent there pushing everybody everyday.
                I remember when I was at the Quiky Pro NY and went surfing on the beach right besides the contest and all the big guns were in the lineup...including Chuy ;)
                Just to see this guys from the water perspective in first person is quite mesmerizing

Comment

those pics looked like a fun day....

the pro's make me feel old and past it..!..i like it when they are NOT there...then i "feel" like slater..

i remember the first day a young wilko ventured out to the point..he wasn't sure where to sit or what waves to go for and happily took direction... now he ping-pongs all over the place like the rocks dont exist with so much more speed and lift than us old worn out hackers...!

Comment

jejejejej, youngsters...
                    Donvon is quite a character. had so much of a hard time the first 5 or 6 waves... couldn't get it, he was starting to get frustrated until he got the first one...after that the producers had to come to drag him out of the water cause he had a concert to attend to not far from there.
                    This guy is all about style. We put him an arrange of boards from longboard to dishes to high performance short boards and he ended up choosing and all banged up board from the 60's called the pink lady, the one you see on the pic
                    Last edited by iggy; 01-24-2012, 04:28 AM.

Comment

ha yeah. the WCTs definitely have a ceiling and can be overpowered easily...but for those that they fit, they can be a lot of fun!

Comment

Thanks for the advice people
                        That's why I think this forum has it over many others
                        Always good honest advice with no attitude

Comment

cheers wandi! Stoked you feel that way!

Comment

Working...
                          X