X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fins for Unibrow 6'4 (+)

Hi. I'm 28 yo. Beginner/Intermediate (closer to intermediate). Weight: 70kgs. Height: 175cm.
    Just bought a Tembertek Unibrow 6'4 with "Futures".
    Now thinking about buying the fins for that nice board. What would be your recommendations? What do you ride?
    It's kinda impossible to test futures where i live, so your advice would be very useful.
    Kind regards, Nikolay.

i run the k2.1s so maybe the wct's

Comment

Thanks kdropin. Any one tried it with futures?

Comment

Before I can guide you in a fin direction, what are the waves like where you surf and do you like quads or thrusters?

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

skatephoto how does that board ride for you? too floaty or just right? how's the turning? I'm thinking of getting a Unibrow...can't wait to see what people say about fins to complement it.
          side note: Timmy Reyes has Clay Marzo quad with TMF knubster in his Unibrow. I was thinking of Rusty quad with deviant knubster or AM2 quad with deviant knubster.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh BL View Post
            Before I can guide you in a fin direction, what are the waves like where you surf and do you like quads or thrusters?

- Firewire Intern Josh
            Hi Josh. I prefer to ride mostly Indo waves like Tiger Tracks, Kuta Reef and some Sri Lanka. The size around head - 1,5 head high. I always been riding thrusters, but if you would suggest to use this board with a quad and it will be better i'm into it!

Comment

For waves that size, I would recommend a thruster setup. You will want that center fin to drive off the bottom when you're doing a bottom turn. The quad setup would be better for when the waves are smaller and you need speed. When going thruster, I love the EA Blackstix or Rob Machados. See if there is a Futures Fin Tree at a surf shop in Kuta where you can demo any fin for free - I always recommend doing that before buying a set of fins because everyone has different preferences.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
              X