Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fins for 5.8 Dominator FTC? I need some help..

Hi guys,

I recently bought a 5.8 Dominator the FTC one. I am very happy with it despite yesterday It fell off and now has a small scratch on the side which I may need to fix. (I thought this boards were strong enough to dont break when they fall). I want to get a new fins but I am very lost. I would like to get 5 fins so I can use them as quad or thruster. My weight is 70kg and I am 1.80 m tall. I dont know alot about fins. Could anyone give me a hand. I dont want a cheap fins, I definitely want a good stuff. Thanks a lot. *I hope you guys understand my english.Cheers

The Stretch set is a good starting point. Depends on the waves you're surfing in and how you want them to feel.

Comment

I like the Stretch for a quad setup in mediocre mushy conditions and the large AMs for a tri-fin setup in any sort of punchy conditions. What's FTC?

Comment

Thanks guys.. I will find the way to try these fins.. I normaly surf in the Uk Cornwall and Devon between 3 to 6 ft.. What size shall I get M or L? I weight 70Kg and I am 1.80 m tall. Any answer will be very much appreciated!.. What I meant by FTC *sorry, was Future shape

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          Medium should be plenty for you but a large thruster set could be helpful if you're using the dom on bigger days. Medium quads will be plenty though, too big a fin and it'll get too stiff.

Ahhhh...FTC = Futures! I though maybe I was missing out on some new tech. :)

Comment

I just broke the f-----ing board...anyone know someone/ somewhere in Devon where I can get it fixed? Thanks. funny day today

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Lee Cox at Ding Devils near Barnstable does incredible Firewire repairs.

Thanks mate, I eventually took it to Luke Young because is near home. Do you know if when you buy a firewire is suppous to come with a set of fins? I didnt get any fins when I bought my board and Luke believes I should have received at least a basic set of fins..

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah no fins. Most uk shops still either throw some in or give you a set for cheap though.
        Working...
        X