Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think each site advertises the physical size of their fins so you can compare that way??

Comment

I have not tried the WCT yet, WCT is an upright fin, looser enabeling a tighter turn, how do you find the drive off that fin set, is it enough for smaller under shoulder high or weaker wave waves, or do you have another set you switch to ?

Comment

A good set for waves that have their own consistent down the line speed I expect. Also for lighter folk and guys who drive a lot from the front foot and rail rather than fins maybe.
        Remember most of the WCT guys are probably under 160lbs and have precision technique.

Comment

anyone try the

Josh Mulcoy 5-Fin

Front Fins:

Height: 4.55 in, 11.56 cm
          Base: 4.24 in, 10.77 cm
          Area: 14.57 sq in, 94.00 sq cm

Quad Rears:

Height: 3.79 in, 9.63 cm
          Base: 3.80 in, 9.65 cm
          Area: 11.08 sq in, 71.48 sq cm

Center Fin:

Height: 4.55 in, 11.56 cm
          Base: 4.24 in, 10.77 cm
          Area: 14.57 sq in, 94.00 sq cm

im looking for another set to order and test with the am2 5 fin set.riding as a quad.like drive and loose when needed to slide a bit.for waves waist to chest high...

Comment

Just tried my 6-4 DOM rf with a fin combo as a QUAD . AM-2 (4.79 fronts) Rusty 5fin Quad 3.85 rears. On a reef break, shoulder to head hi, (thats overhead to you young chipmunks out there) I liked it better than the all Rusty 5 quad set up, with more drive and pivot when I asked for it. Still looking for a bigger day to test. But now my 6-3 Activator is here I will abstain from riding the dominator for a while until I figure the Activators sweet spots.
            photo of fins tested (Helfire is in photo not dominator) Attachment
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Fritzkat; 05-18-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

See you're doing your homework on the board? ;)

Comment

Homework, yes, keeping tabs on what works for me and staying within those perameters.

Comment

I was using the wct techflex on my Dom 5'10" and it worked really good till I tried the bigger am2 techflex these are unbeliveble , these fins will make youre turns so fluid specially on a board like the DOM that has a thick wide tail. Perfect combo!!!!

Comment

the WCT are killer small wave fins..

Comment

Working...
                    X