X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wct, honeycomb vs techflex

I guys, i'm going to buy a set of wct futures fins, but after reading a lot of reviews and posts, i'm still in doubt. Wich material to choose, honeycomb or techflex? Main diferences? Why one and not the other? Regards Hugo

Techflex is super stiff and light. Honeycomb will have a little more forgiving flex but honeycomb does shred to pieces if you skim rock/reef. Not sure if TF is any better for that but proper fibreglass def is, but heavier. I just picked up a set in techflex and they feel nice. Haven't had proper waves in weeks though.

Comment

ride the honeycombs.. like a lot.. techflex are very stiff.. too stiff for the waves i surf imo

Comment

I like my techflex in reef breaks and bigger or more powerful waves. In these types conditions I can feel the flex in them. When its not so big, they feel a little stiff.

Comment

yeah a preference thing. I tend to buy fins primarily on shape, then on foil. My gut tells me aside from riding straight fiberglass fins at pumping desert point sty waves, the Techflex and Honeycomb will feel similar from shape to shape. Thought the better surfer you are, the more you'll notice the subtle flex differences brought up by the guys.

Comment

But in this case guys, would you prefer the wct honeycomb or the flextech? Regards Hugo
            Last edited by Hugomcsm; 08-28-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X