X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
    Anyone more versed in fins than the average punter like me...can you tell me why Elevons work so well in the PN? No other fin I have tried..either FCS or Futures works as well. I am about to get a BP and am wondering if those fins will work as well in that board. Anyone regularly use them in a Baked Potato or any other board?
    I have them on my sweet potato and work incredibly good, like them better than the controllers

Comment

Are you guys using large or small elevons? I'm just under 200 and plan to buy a set for my 5'5 baked and wonder if which one I should go with.

Comment

I tried them the first couple days on a 5'10" PN but couldn't get used to them (probably due to trying to get the new board dialed in) . Rode it as a thruster with Machados for 4 - 5 surfs to figure the board out. Switched back to the Elevons today on a head high clean day and they were a blast. Super drive and speed. Made sections that I never would have had a chance on before. Backside was a blast. Loose when I wanted to skate or locked in and stable on steep walls. It was like all I had to do was think of what I wanted to do and it happened. I've got the size large and they seem fine. I'm 6' 170#. Getting older so I appreciate the extra volume so maybe the extra size of the rears help too.

Comment

@hooked, glad you like the Elevons. The PN works best w/ quads IMO. Post some pics of fin set!

ALOHA!!

Comment

I'm not too knowledgeable about fins, but other than size, what is the primary difference with the small and large fins. Is it based on my size/ability? I am getting a 5'6" PN, average shape, intermediate surfer, 5'8" and weight 160lbs. Based on that info, is one size better for me than the other?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I am 160 to 165 lbs have been testing the small Elevons (Finatic) over the past week and have tried them on my 5'3" Baked Potato (Timbertek) and a 5'4" CI Fishcuit. Waves have been predominantly small and not super steep faces. The fins seem to have ample drive and hold in turns. Relative to my favorite quad (Rasta) fins I think the Elevons hold a little better in the turns, but I think the Rasta's produce more speed. It also seems to me that the Elevons drag more while paddling. My overall opinion is that the higher price of the Elevons is not worth any perceived benefit over the Rasta quad.

Comment

Tried solus fronts with rastas quad rears with a darc drive as centre fin on really ledgy, close outs, made every wave.

Comment

Tried solus fronts with rastas quad rears with a darc drive as centre fine on really ledgy, close outs, made every wave.

Comment

Working...
                  X