X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indo fins

I know guys have been using the indo fins controllers with sweet potato and baked potato but anyone tried any of there other fins?

Cheers

I have seen them on eBay and nearly bought a set of their SF4s but then my LSS has such a good price on them and let me try before buying I ended up with the FCS ones. The thing that puts me off is they are solid fibreglass so there will be a weight penalty over the foam core fins that everyone else is making. I have found some cheap foam core fins on eBay too that work very well in copies of the PC7 and G-AM tri sets, they just don't have the variety that Indo Fins have.

Comment

Yeah I'm kind of new to this mucking around with fin thing, but think I may be addicted, I kind of come from an old school fin mentality, growing up on glassed in fins so have a soft spot for solid glass fins, off course rode FSC for years, but kept to the G3 and G5 thing, my mentailty for years was to keep it simple and stick with what i knew, but now i have boards in both futures and FSC and enjoying riding quads so I guess my mentality has changed.

Did get a set from e-bay, futures surf eclipse honey comb HC5, quality not as good as big brand names but still not bad.

Have you bought many fins from e-bay? Any to keep away from or any you recommend?

Cheers

Comment

I've bought a few but mostly FCS from the US at cheaper prices than locally, the only non-FCS fins I've bought have been Soar (Mick Fanning model), and these non-name fins from Pearlsportswear on eBay. Still, occasionally you will find a good deal on FCS at your LSS.

Comment

If anyone in the UK is after a set of Indo Controllers shoot me a PM.

Comment

my indo controllers seem to be floppy plastic... maybe i got counterfeit counterfeits..??... i shoulda waited for a spud with futures boxes.. :(

Comment

Didn't realise you even had a spud!?

Comment

backhand reo somewhere in the photo grain
                Attachment Attachment
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice! Loving it? I've finally dialled mine in after 6 months...

Comment

fun.. pulling all kinds of 360's and reverse thingy's, but most days i can grovel on my hellfire anyway...and the HF is easier on my back on take offs... love to try it with stiffer fins...that would really spark it up.... your indo's plasticky flexy..?? mine are def not stiff glass...
                    Last edited by core personal training; 01-28-2013, 01:25 AM. Reason: kant spel goode

Comment

thinking of trying some fcs MR glass twinnys and some normal rears... unless i can get these controller copies in a stiff flex..

been grovelling on the MB lately.... lost weight and its floating me like a mal..!!.... getting sketchy on steep drops getting rail in at lower weight.... need pro v1 or flexy again..!!
                      Last edited by core personal training; 01-28-2013, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I've started riding my potato with DL fronts and DS rears. Much more 'normal' feel. I much prefer it. I want to try k2.1 Grom fronts as rears.

Comment

ok, so doesn't need huge fin area then??.. or is that just cuz your a whippet..??... i still have old 2.1,s and g 3-g5,s g 7,s.. might throw in to get a rough feel for area

Comment

Try 5s or 7s at the fronts with K2.1 fronts as rears. I'm talking to Greg Griffin about getting some fins from him in the G10 material for the potato and he suggested trying large Simon fronts with the K2.1 rears to get a feel for sizing and then well go from there.
                            He's got to be one of the top fin guys so we will see what happens.

Comment

Yeah I think you still need some area. I've started surfing it less aggressively and am letting the board do the work and that's been working well with smaller fins. I find if I try and push the board around quicker than it wants to it looses it no matter what fins I have in there, so I've been running a smaller, more neutral set and trying to flow a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                              X