Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide fins: very unique fins that let you slide.

Weird fins, have a spring action so under pressure they fold down allowing you to slide and spin.

Bit of gimmick/novelty thing i guess, but surfings about fun and if they allow you top do things your normal can't and you have fun doing it well i guess thats good.

There from the area where i live, haven't personally given them a go, will have to see if they allow a test ride, but was surfing one day and i wondering how this guy kept on going into reverses so easy, then by chance i found out about the fins.

Ive seen the odd guy since use them, saw a guy yesterday surfing with them he still seemed in control but every now and then would really push his turns/slash kinda cuttys and go into a nice slide.

http://www.slidefins.com

Is that an unpaid advert I spy above??

Comment

They look fun I guess if you're into that sort of thing. I watched the video and he is surfing some great waves but after about 30 seconds I just wanted him to do a nice cutty or reo or something else!

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
        They look fun I guess if you're into that sort of thing. I watched the video and he is surfing some great waves but after about 30 seconds I just wanted him to do a nice cutty or reo or something else!
        jajaja me too!!!, guess thet will be like riding n Alaia with a bit more control!!!. Pretty much the DEVIANT concept taken to the extreme

Comment

Slight limitation from what I gather they flex over one way and that is why they have a different set for rights and lefts

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
            Is that an unpaid advert I spy above??
            Ha ha..nah, when i was typing it i thought it might sound like it, but honesty, i don't know the guy who sells them or have anything to do with them.

I dont even know if i like them or not, id like to give them a go just for a bit of fun and curiosity , but like others said watching the vid and the guy surf, it doesn't take long until i also want to see a nice cutty or proper turn, be better if you could press something to lock them between waves so you could have best of both worlds so to speak, slide mode and standard mode.

Comment

Working...
            X