Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great fins, im loving mine!

Comment

I have been riding Dxl aromour flex thruster set in my spit and my alt for a few months now and here is what I found:

- they are fast and loose
      - they carve beautifully
      - board connection is so much firmer than FCS, they feel so solid. Only downside is they did leave some marks on the board where they overhang the FCS plugs. I would be wary about putting them on a RF board.
      -I personally found them to be too flexable, I wish they made some stiffer ones, I think their material may be limited as it has to be flexy enough to fan out when screwed in. I had them give way a few times in more holllow waves and went back to my old fins.

Comment

Have you tried the Ceramic material? There's a C3 which lighter guys and the chicks have been loving, C4 which a lot of team guys use and C5 which some of the pros actually found too stiff, even in huge waves.

Comment

Did not know about these ceramic ones :(. when I got mine the shop keeper said they were the stiffest powerbase fins u could get. I'll have to find them and give them a try, because for me if they were a bit stiffer they would be perfect.

Comment

http://distilleryimage0.instagram.co...3820455d_7.jpg

C4 Ceramic DL

Comment

broke 2 of my MF1s today :(.... ordered a new set of DXLs in C4..... looking forward to it.

Comment

You'll be stoked with them!

Comment

Hanging out for your thoughts as considering the ceramics for my next set!

Comment

i haven't had good waves to really try my ceramics yet, but first impressions is they are possibly lighter than the armour (haven't weighed but they feel super light), nice and stiff but still have a nice bit of spring in the tips. they feel like they are going to be the business.

Comment

Hey Gumby, you can have a go next time I see u at werri :)

Comment

Hey DGR r u the guy who rides that rad Orange artworked RF spud?

Really enjoyed that surfing lunchbreak we shared on that fine sunny day a while back!

I surf down your way once or twice a month depending on work, family & surf conditions so will be happy to take you up on that kind offer next time I c u out in the water!

Until then hope the C4s r everything you want in a fin & looking forward to your reviews down the track!

Enjoy!

Comment

yeah, thats my rad orange spud. New fins will be for my alternator.

Comment

Hey guys has anybody tried these yet? Tehy come in FCS and Futures www.3dfins.com

Comment

Hi Prj can you give me the details to get a set of the soar fins, I would really like to try. I can't find any online shops that sell in uk. Cheers Paul.

Comment

If anyone is looking to try the Powerbase fins I have a set of the DL (mediun/large) thrusters in white Armour flex construction and a set of DS (small) thrusters also in white Armour flex for sale.

The DS sides make for good quad rears and the DS centre could be used as a small centre fin to loosen up a thruster in small waves.
                                I'm looking for 40+postage for each set, but if someone buys both I'll take 80 inc postage.
                                Neither set has any scuffs or damage.

I've tried top of the line FCS, FCS II and Futures fins, and in my opinion the Powerbase DL out performs them all. I'm keeping hold of a set of DL Armour flex and DL C4 Ceramic thrusters for myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X