Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 Rocket vs Spitfire

Hey Guys

I have a 6'0 Spitfire RF which is my everyday board for everything from 2ft-6ft and its now a little bit worn and I'm looking for a change.

Now I like the fishy shape of the V2 Rocket and the FST tech but can anyone give me a review of how it surf's?

My waves are normally on average 3-4ft junk and pretty flat so the nose shape and rocker of the V2 look ideal....when will it be in the compare tool?

Now I love my Spitfire it just works in everything so I this board needs to be a winner! As for volume I'm 185-190lbs and was thinking about the 5'10, a little less volume than the Spitfire but that rocker and nose shape should work better, plus I wouldn't surf it in less the waist high waves to be honest. I did have a 5'10 Spitfire for about a year and didn't notice too much of a difference

Any feedback would be great!

Cheers!

Have a look at the 6'0 Piledriver too, that looks like a pretty good all rounder to me.

Comment

Mmmm looks nice but for me needs to be more hybrid than 'high' performance for my local wind slop

Comment

Hi guys, I've been using a stock standard 6'0 34.9 litres spitfire in the last 2 years as my everyday board, really love this board but I'm thinking of getting a new one now to use as my every board on our local breaks (sydney beaches 99% of the time 2-4 ft from punchy to wind slop).
        I'm hesitating between activator (5'11 or 6'1) vs piledriver (6'0 most likely), never tried any of these boards so would appreciate any advice! I'd like to push my surfing a bit without losing too much in weaker waves!..

I'm 32yo, 1.80m about 84kg quite fit, average/intermediate surfer on my best days (been surfing for about 6 years about 3-5 times a week, can bottom turn, can do average cut backs, the occasional reentry but can't really link turns properly, not very good at generating speed, never got properly shacked and would occasionally wipe out on steeper/quicker waves or bog a rail). I also own a 5'6 sweet potato which I use as a grovel board and a 6'4 Alternator for bigger/better days.

Thanks!

Comment

Any chance of getting the V2 up for comparison soon?

Comment

Working...
          X