Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Lost Mini Drivers available in custom?

Ideal volume/size for me would by about 5 9 x 19 1/4 x 2 1/4
    Would this be available custom to the UK?
    Thanks to anyone who answered privately but I have conflicting answers from a UK shop so checking here also.
    Also I am interested if the file gets run past Matt Biolos? If I order a custom pu/pe board from Laminations for when the Lost shapers visit UK to finish boards I understand that Matt sends over an appropriate file for the board to be cut on Aku.
    Mark
    Last edited by MarkyD; 08-21-2012, 04:55 AM. Reason: made meaning more clear .

I would also be interested in the answer to this as would like a wider nosed mini driver in 6'5" or 6'6", otherwise will probally look at another custom. (prefer firewire construction) Not sure if a custom dominator could be similar?

Comment

I'm with you on this... I'm really interested in this board, but the 5'10 is too full, and the 5'8 isn't quite enough. The specs you listed would be spot on for what I'm looking for too.

Comment

I'm not the official word on this by any means but I'm pretty certain that there won't be any custom orders on the Mini Driver available and probably not any of the other Mayhem shapes either.
        What's your weight by the way? I just got my hands on a 510 and although it carries a bit of foam up the front it definitely doesn't feel like it's going to inhibit performance, only increase it's versatility. I'm 165-170lbs though.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I gave up coming here due to lack of response. I thought there would be a bit more interaction with the people involved in the Custom program as suggested here
          Hey Folks, here is your chance to chat with the Bruce Pettibone, the man behind the CBD platform. He has questions, you have questions, why not talk about it?
          I am 155lb and like boards around 26 litres.
          Boardshop told me back in August I could get a custom Lost mini driver.

Comment

Hmm could be a misunderstanding. You could get a custom poly through Laminations in St Agnes which would be sent on to Boardshop. The only Firewire boards available as customs are in the CBD program. More models are slowly being added to the program, but I don't see the Lost shapes making it onto there. I imagine it'll be Firewire's own models as a priority.
            I reckon the 508 could work for you but it is a bit of a gamble. I'm not sure if more sizes will be added next year to fill in the gaps, I reckon the 509 and 511 would be popular ones.

Comment

Was also told would be a 100 premium for a custom. Ha Ha if they misunderstood my questions about custom Lost Firewire and want 100 extra on the retail price for a custom poly Lost taking the price up to nearly 599 . Surely not!
              I nearly ordered a Custom Poly Lost Mini Driver to be finished by Bulkley on his last trip but went for a custom Bulkley Hipster Quad instead. .

Comment

Hmm not sure then. Try and put the order through and see what happens! :D

Comment

yeha Prj is right. sorry about that, no lost customs at this point...

Comment

I'd be first in line if the Mini Driver were offered as a custom. At 6'0" and 195 lbs. I prefer a little more volume, around 36-38 liters. I spent some time on a 6'4" Mini Driver and found it to be a fun board in soft waves, but in hollow waves requiring more of an angled take-off the exceptionally fat rails didn't hold well and the board wanted to straighten out on the drop., essentially forcing a bottom turn while the wave races on and leaves you behind. This was a big disappointment as the board is marketed as a shortened step-up. A simple adjustment in thickness, trimming it down to around 2 5/8", would pinch the rail a bit and fix the problem. The 6'2" MD is 2 5/8" thick, but overall not enough volume for me. So like many I'm stuck in middle ground pergitory. It seems to be a common theme among many shapers that they design boards at around 5'9" length for 160 lb. surfers, and as they scale up the boards become excessively fat and even corky. At speed in good surf the weight of the rider becomes less relavent as his inertia (and mass) is projecting forward, not down into the water, and a fat rail has the same negative effects for a heavy surfer as it does for a lighter rider. I wish shapers would put a bit more thought into refining boards as they scale up in size.

Comment

Working...
                    X