Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your CBD Boards

Here's my Taj I have on order
    http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...1&d=1324053347http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...1&d=1324053350

The plan was to make a Taj a little shorter, wider and more forgiving to allow me to surf it in a wider range of conditions. I'll post pics of the finished board once I receive it.

6'0" x 18"13/16 x 2"3/8
    Nose width 11"9/16
    Tail width 14"3/4
    Volume 28l
    FCS fins
    Black pin lines around the balsa like the ...Lost models (fingers crossed)

Anyone else ordered any? How do you like it? Any pics? If not, any plans to order one?

sicky sicky...
    I like that one.

Comment

I did wonder if the tail wide point at 12" up was a little wide @ 14.75". It does have quite a bit of width down there and as a result a lot of curve in the back third. Nev did suggest thinning it to 14.5" but the order had already gone in and I didn't want it to end up too narrow...
      Hopefully it'll allow it to work in slightly weaker conditions without limiting it when there's plenty of power.

Comment

oh man, don't sweat that. I'll tell you, the Michel I am riding is a bit of a prototype and has a little extra width and chunk than the final specs, but with rocker like that it riiiips to the point where the added widths will only increase versatility.

cheers

Comment

That's good to know, cheers Chris!

Comment

i've been telling you guys this all along...rocker rocker rocker...thats gunna be a one board quiver phill

Comment

jejejejeje
              That's actually a nice looking board
              Last edited by iggy; 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Hi Chris

Will the Michel Bourez Pro Model have the performance of the Taj Pro but able to work in a lot more different wave types?

I love the Taj when waves are good, clean and punchy but when there is a bit of chop on the face it doesn't handle it well like other boards do....ie the Hellfire.

I am waiting to decide on getting a custom Taj Pro (above looks great btw), a HellRazor or the Michel Bourez Pro model.....

Comment

Can't wait for the Spartans board, suits my style to the tee. more chunk in the tail for power hacks.
                  Will the spartan's board have the springer insert?
                  and for a custom Taj can you order one without the springer?

cheers chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    oh man, don't sweat that. I'll tell you, the Michel I am riding is a bit of a prototype and has a little extra width and chunk than the final specs, but with rocker like that it riiiips to the point where the added widths will only increase versatility.

cheers
                    Hey Chris will the Spartan be thinner? I saw the 6'0" R&D Spartan on Surfride's sight, at 2 9/16 thick its a bit too thick. I think 2 3/8 would be the ticket. The width is perfect at 18 3/4.

Comment

Seems like we'd be looking at the 5'10 at 2 7/16. That's what Chris is riding. I was going to wait out for one but ended up going with the Taj as ultimately the Spartan is going to be too short for me as a hpsb and a little too thick.
                      Once it comes to the CBD though, it's on!!

Comment

yeah. The Michel is a beefier high performance shortboard for sure. you definitely ride it a bit shorter. Will be a preference thing....

Comment

Hi prj

I am from cornwall UK and I fancy a bit CBD action. I see you are also in kernow and have ordered a board via CBD. In the CBD pages it says that the service is only available US, OZ or Japan. I was wondering if yourself or chris could tell me how to go about getting a board shaped and shipped to england. Thanks.

Comment

I'm getting mine shipped to a US address and then picking it up from there I'm afraid. Hopefully the CBD will be launching in Europe this year though, I think it was originally planned for last year. Maybe Chris will have some more info on that.

Comment

Thanks prj. Could do with saving my pennies anyway, probably best its not available here yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X