X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Was playing with the CBD and was wondering... what is the impact of going wider in the tail than in the nose? Is it a big deal if you take a stock board and go +.25 on the nose but a plus .38 or +.50 on the tail? I realize you can make changes- within reason - so as to maintain the integrity of the design. I'm assuming that a minor change in tail width as it related to the rest of the board should not be a big deal but wondering what people think.

Also... what is the bottom contour of the Alternator? Single concave?

I started with the MB but felt it was too much rocker and started playing with the Alternator. Seems like that might be a better slop/Socal template. As I take the alternator and make it wider and thicker I realize I'm trying to re-create the sub scorcher.

I did the same thing but if you comparing the rockers of the SS and the nose withs etc its a different board. I really liked one 508 squashed alt I did just not had the courage to drop the coin.

Comment

Yeah the Alt is a single concave. Nothing too drastic. If you're widening the tail more than the nose I think it would want more of a back footed approach. It would straighten the rail line through the tail a touch more making it drive well off the back foot. The thinner nose will keep it free to turn hard up the face. I reckon a slightly wider Alt would be a great SoCal daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
        Yeah the Alt is a single concave. Nothing too drastic. If you're widening the tail more than the nose I think it would want more of a back footed approach. It would straighten the rail line through the tail a touch more making it drive well off the back foot. The thinner nose will keep it free to turn hard up the face. I reckon a slightly wider Alt would be a great SoCal daily driver.
        That makes sense. I've got some big feet and also looking for a little more tail to add to the stability of the board.

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          Go for it. My CBD board is incredible. Perfect shortboard.
      Working...
      X