X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asymmetric firewire

Hi dudes, while I was browsing CL I saw this asymmetric firewire. Looks like it was based on some grovellers? Which original model do you guys think it is? Plus I think it is intended for regular-footer. What do you think?
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/spo/4111385178.html

El fuego? Swallow tail got damaged and repaired to be asymmetrical?

Comment

FA would suggest Futura. The balsa perimeter looks intact so I reckon it was a little project from one of the r&d or factory guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
        FA would suggest Futura. The balsa perimeter looks intact so I reckon it was a little project from one of the r&d or factory guys.
        Thanks for the input justo and Phill. Yeah I think it seems like an intended asymmetric surfboard. Would be fun if you could CSD one but don't think it is possible in the near future.

I have been denied by shapers in CA to do an asymmetric fish. Apparently the risk is too high?

Comment

That board is not part of the Firewire lineup. However, it does look like it was originally a Firewire (maybe a BP) that someone did a custom build for to make it asymmetrical. I believe asymmetric boards like that are only good for going either "left" or "right" depending on the side of the asymmetrical curve haha.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
          X