X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBD Development - Chat with Bruce Pettibone

Hey Folks, here is your chance to chat with the Bruce Pettibone, the man behind the CBD platform. He has questions, you have questions, why not talk about it?

I will also help Bruce out where I can, but don't be bashful.
    Last edited by Chris; 02-28-2012, 12:13 PM.

Hi Bruce, any insight into new models being added? Any additional features to existing models? More tail shapes, volume distribution in the rails etc? Bottom contours even?

I guess the more options there are, the more chance their is of screwing a design and it gets complicated to monitor and control what's being changed on any particular board.
    Also, I'm assuming because of the way the boards are built, using rocker beds, customised rockers are not going to be something that's going to be introduced any time soon?

Sorry to flood you with questions on the first post!

Comment

Maybe you can do this already, but a "shaper" who we can discuss the impact of different changes with?

...and a round tail option in the 6'8" Alternator?

Comment

That's a good call Buzzy. I asked core to forward my PDF to Nev before I ordered mine but sadly he was in Mexico so by the time I got his feedback the order had already gone though. Obviously Nev doesn't want 100's of boards to give feedback on everyday, but maybe when someone is ready to actually order a board the PDF could be forward to Nev, or someone else for feedback before the order is confirmed.

Comment

Howdy prjwebb,

No problema on the number of questions, I can't answer any of 'em anyway... just kidding :)

Although, it kind of raises a good point. Sometimes questions that appear in this thread I won't have the authority to answer. That said, I will do my best to answer without spilling any 'Firewire only beans'.

Looking like the Michel Bourez model will be added next, before summer (in the Northern Hemisphere(!))

Considering more tail shapes, however, more models may come before adding tail types to existing models.

Rail volume prototyping going on now, but hard to say when it may be rolled out.

Bottom contours may be a possibility for certain construction types. Will discuss in a future CBD meeting.

Current rocker beds do make rocker changes pretty prohibitive, though improvements in manufacturing methods do evolve... I'll guess technically this may be possible one day, whether the FW folks want to allow changing a rocker remains to be determined!

Thanks for your continued interest prjwebb.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Good to hear its still in development, it's such a great tool.
            Is it still unlikely that any of the Mayhem shapes make their way to the CBD?

Comment

Would there be any chance of ordering a custom using the Direct Drive materials in the future
              Cheers

Comment

Hi prjwebb,

Thanks for the kind words. We are doing a survey now of CBD owners. Will post some feedback once survey closes March 20th or so. Generally getting very good response. Stoked that people are liking it. There are good suggestions for improvement, will relay some of those ideas, too. Yes, still in development!

I'm guessing that the Mayhem question is between Mark Price and Matt, of course, technically do-able!

Oh, one other note... seemed that my previous moniker 'tinhombre' on the Forum would probably be fairly unrecognizable in this thread, so I created a new one 'CBD-bruce'

Thanks prjwebb

Bruce

now aka CBD-bruce

Comment

Hi buzzy and prjwebb

We are looking into having Nev do some live webinars on design and CBD in the near future, may become a regular occurence if seems valuable. Also look for videos to be posted soon in the CBD area of the FW website by Nev on the topic.

Thanks,

Bruce

Comment

Hi Wandi,

I recently spent two weeks with Firewire's master CAM dude (Computer Aided Manufacturing). We worked on making multiple steps involved in the precision machining of FW boards more efficient. This guy is sharp! ambitious, and always striving to improve the processes. He is making massive progress, and this may lead to FW offering CBD's in other construction types down the road.

Another FW R&D decision to be made!

Comment

Cheers for the responses Bruce. I should be receiving my CBD in the next week, fingers crossed I'll post some feedback once I get hold of it.

Comment

I second to adding mayhem shapes to the CBD program. I asked Matt on his blog to check it out and hit up Nev while he's down under at the quikie pro. He said he didn't know much about it but he'll check it out.
                        Fingers crossed, how good would it be to tweak the current lost lineup or even better, that mutated whiplash that taj is currently riding.

Comment

Originally posted by CBD-bruce View Post
                          Hi buzzy and prjwebb

We are looking into having Nev do some live webinars on design and CBD in the near future, may become a regular occurence if seems valuable. Also look for videos to be posted soon in the CBD area of the FW website by Nev on the topic.

Thanks,

Bruce
                          That will be quite something

Comment

Originally posted by CBD-bruce View Post
                            Hi Wandi,

I recently spent two weeks with Firewire's master CAM dude (Computer Aided Manufacturing). We worked on making multiple steps involved in the precision machining of FW boards more efficient. This guy is sharp! ambitious, and always striving to improve the processes. He is making massive progress, and this may lead to FW offering CBD's in other construction types down the road

Another FW R&D decision to be made!
                            Thanks Bruce
                            After test driving a Direct Drive model I couldn't believe how good it felt under the feet
                            Obviously the shape had a lot to do with it as well but that feeling of liveliness was amazing
                            Hopefully this construction gets incorporated in a few other models including the CBD program

Comment

Hi prjwebb,

I hope there are some good waves happening the day your board arrives! Do look forward to hearing how it works.

Thanks,

-Bruce

Comment

Working...
                              X