X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CBD ride report

Thought I'd get everything into a new thread.
    Board is 6'0" x 18"13/16 x 2"3/8 - 28l
    Attachment
    Based off the Taj template
    Attachment
    nose width maxed out and tail widened a fair bit also
    Attachment

Initial impressions when I received the board were that it packed a nice bit of foam for more average conditions and that if anything I'd gone a little too full. Well I took it out for the first surf today and as soon as I lay on it to paddle out all concerns about doing too chunky were gone. The thing feels like a little weapon, even the widened nose is still pretty skinny, especially compared to the Sub Scorcher I've been riding for the last 5 months. It paddles about as well as my 5'8" Sub, probably a little better actually, despite the added rocker, that extra rail length is something I've missed without realising. Waves were around head high on the peak, fairly steep but not especially punchy and flattening out on the shoulder fairly quickly. The kind of conditions where my 6'2" Taj would be limited.
    I only caught a few nice waves on it today because the tide filled in a little too quickly but first impressions of the board is that it's buttery smooth through turns, literally effortless. First wave felt great, smooth off the bottom, nice arc off the top and the board just releases at the apex of the turn and comes back under you and ready for the next one. Generates speed well through fatter sections too. Where I'd be boggin on the stock 6'2" the added tail area of the CBD flew along and the flex felt very lively. More so than any of my other Firewires in fact. Very early days but right now I'm extremely happy with the board and the changes I made to the model using the CBD program. Feels like it could well be a magic board in the making!

I'll keep updating as I surf it more.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Phill; 03-21-2012, 01:29 PM.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Comment

Had a few fun lefts on the CBD today. The thing just gets better and better. For a board that's getting close to 19" wide the thing just vanishes under your feet once you're up and riding. Feels like you can go anywhere on the wave. It's one of theses boards that just feels comfortable under your feet and fills you with confidence.
      Had a couple of nice back hand turns on her. First left on it and first turn the guys I was surfing with we're saying I blew a fair bit of water out the back so that's a good feeling.

Sticking with the magic board theory at present.

Comment

ha stoked Prj, but I think i speak for everyone here on the forum, we need official statements from your witnesses. I know core will.

Comment

Haha! I'd like to see a photo myself. Would be nice to get a decent shot one day...

Board is a keeper though, the CBD program produces the goods!

Comment

pumped! amped! stoked! and any other words surfers are required to use to express enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              ha stoked Prj, but I think i speak for everyone here on the forum, we need official statements from your witnesses. I know core will.
              jejejeje!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                pumped! amped! stoked! and any other words surfers are required to use to express enthusiasm.
                i think YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW covers it

Comment

spray dude was still waiting for my MB yesterday....bummer....

Comment

Well, just had the most almighty back spasm while getting my shit together to go surfing today so no ride reports from me for a while. Ended up flat out on the floor trying to crawl up onto my bed for 20 minutes. Now I'm sat in a wheelie office chair with a bag of peas on my back whilst the sun is shining, the wind is offshore and the waves are good. Living the dream!

A couple of days rest and then off to the chiropractor I guess.

Comment

Get well soon mate
                      The new board curse strikes again

Comment

Haha yeah. It's been a nagging injury from work so I think this will be a good wake up call to start stretching daily and strengthening those muscles in the right way to stop it happening again. Will probably be a blessing in the end.

Comment

jajajaa I'm already on the stretching program!!!

Comment

it's a good move, i'm just lazy as

Comment

its my profession and I'M to slack to do the hard work...!!!...that sucks phill...hope it settles off quickly...if it makes you feel any better, i was crawling to my feet again yesterday and came in and lay on sand with the kids after only a few failed attempts while offshore deep blue autumn groundswell madness broke mechanically...with hardly anyone out..!!...i'm on the bed today....new board imminent...i think what we learn from this is DONT GET NEW BOARDS..!!

Comment

Working...
                              X