Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lots of foam to the rails right through to the tail...surfs like it has a lot more volume than the 6'4 alt R/F as a comparison...needs a lot more muscle and weight..(it is a larger spartan, made for a larger spartan)...the shape morphed up to 6'2 is absolutely beautiful...so well balanced...links combo's easily...(nev's skill as usual)...detailed review to come

Comment

Thanks. I look forward to the detailed review.

Comment

can you get the repositioned logo on any custom board?

Comment

YEah core!!!

Comment

tre, the repositioned logo was done for Taj right before our exclusive sponsorship ended. As a result, we aren't going to offer that placement, but we will be exploring other options in the short term so stay tuned.

Comment

On the CBD program maybe???

Comment

Hey Core, where's your MB ride report?
                Surely you must have been getting some of this swell lately and I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for the details

Put us out of our misery Please!

Comment

missed most of swell with back and knee...could of gone out but just didn't seem smart..(took much self control..!)...was holding off on full report as i wanted to wait until i get on the thinner version so i can give a full picture on them and which one will suit who etc....in short though, it has scaled up to 602 well....the thick version will suit guys heavier or stronger than me as a pure performance board in a "normal" length that still has low end....it responds well when the rider can push hard...rocker/outline similar to some of my favorite old glassy's from Nev...these boards swing/loop through combos linking it all together down the line...it drops into steep takeoffs on rail with full confidence and paddles like a speedboat....stay tuned for full comparison

Comment

Hey Core, how would you compare the 6'2" MB with the 6'4" Futura you've ridden in the past?

Comment

struth, now ya testing my memory....its been a while and a didn't spend a lot of time on a 604 futura...more on a 602 and 600...( i could ride a 600 everyday..!!)..but that futura felt more nimble on flatter weaker sections...a little more to deal with when things stood up a bit...this is as you would expect with two different shapes...i think...i have trouble remembering where i surfed yesterday...!!

while i think of it...i tried in the MB, techflex am2, techflex ea and hex jc,s....for me, the am's prevented instant pumps etc but wrapped well....ea's nice and twitchy but lacking a little projection without employing more rail...jc's enough drive but slightly less twitchy...if they behave the same in the thinner version, i will probably use jc's and swap to ea's for smaller conditions requiring rapid movements etc...i'll sort out an MB review thread when i have tested both...

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                        struth, now ya testing my memory....its been a while and a didn't spend a lot of time on a 604 futura...more on a 602 and 600...( i could ride a 600 everyday..!!)..but that futura felt more nimble on flatter weaker sections...a little more to deal with when things stood up a bit...this is as you would expect with two different shapes...i think...i have trouble remembering where i surfed yesterday...!!

while i think of it...i tried in the MB, techflex am2, techflex ea and hex jc,s....for me, the am's prevented instant pumps etc but wrapped well....ea's nice and twitchy but lacking a little projection without employing more rail...jc's enough drive but slightly less twitchy...if they behave the same in the thinner version, i will probably use jc's and swap to ea's for smaller conditions requiring rapid movements etc...i'll sort out an MB review thread when i have tested both...
                        Thanks Core!

Comment

Working...
                        X