Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbd taj pics

A few pics of my custom Taj ?

Nice! What's the dim's on that bad boy. New logo placement too, jealous!

Looking at them side by side would you say the newer one has a slightly relaxed rocker? That was my impression looking at mine, but it could be the fuller rail creating that illusion.

Comment

Taj pics

More pics

Comment

Taj CBD

More pics

Comment

The top pic is of my old faithfull 6.4" Taj, the custom is 6.2" x 19 x 2.5", it carrys alot more volume than i was exspecting im still abit gutted it wasn't alittle more cut than it is. Got this board for my Mentiawi trip next week. If you scroll through pics at the top, the rails are huge the tail is like a door step, the bottom pics are of the custom next to my Alt 6.2" x 19 x 2.5" (its got green on the pad) even looks like its been on a diet compared to the custom Taj. The rest of pics at the bottom are of my 5.10" Hell Fire just for to compare volume.

I have surfed the board only a couple of times and like the way it goes, but it feels totaly different to the standard Taj it doesn't have as much kick in the tail and after surfing these back to back, doesn't feel as sharp? which isnt necessarily a bad thing in the North sea with 6mm of wetsuit boots gloves ect! The volume carrys you through the weaker sections of the waves. I just hope when i get out on this trip it doesn't feel too much! I'm going to take old fathfull (6.4") just in case!

I did see a dealer still has the old Taj 6.2" on he shelf and was tempted for a while, until i worked out what i had spent on Firewires in the last 2 years x8 boards later to find my dream board hahaha! My Mrs would show me exactly were to put the board i think? Brings a whole new meaning to been reborn ????

Comment

So it's actually thicker than the Alt? Didn't expect that. I've owned a 6'2" and now a CBD 6'0" both at 2"3/8. The newer CBD is definitely fuller in the rails than my original 6'2" but I don't think they are worlds apart. I don't have it here to compare sadly as I sold it on to a mate who was desperate after one to take on a round the world 12 month trip.
            When he returns I'll try and get some comparison shots too.
            Here's a rocker shot of my 6'0"
            Attachment

Yours must have been built a while after mine even though we received them at the same time as you have the new logo placement.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Phill; 04-09-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Yes there was some confusion over the order, it was flown over later. I couldn't believe my eyes when i put it up to my Alt with the same dims (look at bottom pics with green on pad the volume on the Alt says 31.2 the Taj says 30.7 which isnt much but the alt looks alot slimmer even in the rails?) When i was designing this board i thought i would base it around the Alt dims with the view i knew the rails on the Taj were alot thinner and there was more rocker to steady me up on steeper take off. I love the way my 6.4" Taj holds steep drops, always catches me out when i jump on it from my Alt, Hellfire. The Taj needs more power to come alive but when it does theres nothing like it, i might be a bit harsh on the custom because i haven't yet had chance to surf it in any thing good, will do next week on my big trip. Got my self a Go Pro so i will put some pics and vids up of the reef?? Hope they have got plenty of lemon.

Any body got any pics of the MB rails compared to the Taj, i should think there going to be a bit more boxy?

Comment

hey sunny,
                the rails of the michel aren't really boxy, that might not be the best term to use when describing the differences, but they are definitely a bit more full. Over all the michel pro model does have more volume per unit length, but it is still a high performance machine. No two ways around it.

Cheers

Comment

Hey Chris
                  You say the rails are fuller on the MB is most of the volume in the center like the taj, my 6"4 is 2.5 in thickness as is my custom but as you can see buy pics there worlds apart.

Comment

just got the thicker 602mb .. will try and get pics up shortly...its a lot of board.....more than my 604 alt...even with less overall volume

Comment

pics pics pics pics

Comment

Yes where are those pics???

Comment

602 x 2 11/16
                          Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
                          Attached Files

Comment

The spray came out REALLY good on that one!

Comment

CorePT, I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say the 6'2" MB is more board than the Alt 6'4" but with less volume. Can you elaborate/explain?

Comment

Working...
                              X