Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewire temas up with TOMO Surfboards!!

Anther great colab!!!. Expanding the horizons!!
    Just an example of Tomo's out of the box thinking:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPz-6Qj_vA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPz-6Qj_vA

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/ne...mo-surfboards/

Firewire is proud to announce a design partnership with Australian surfboard designer/professional free surfer Daniel Thomson; the founder of Tomo Surfboards, now residing in the US.

Daniel first started shaping boards in his teens, following in the footsteps of his father Mark Thomson, an accomplished board designer in his own right.

Not content to work on refining existing design principles, Daniel set out to reinvent the modern surfboard. Drawing on his rich knowledge of design history and utilizing his own elite surfing ability, Daniel was personally able to test his theories and build on the creations that carried the most potential.

“I first noticed Daniel’s designs at Sacred Craft and I was intrigued”, said Firewire CEO Mark Price, “after reaching out to Daniel and meeting with him, I was struck by his obvious intelligence and humility, and his absolute dedication to pushing the envelope through shape and materials – qualities that perfectly matched our own goals”.

Price continued, “And that was before I even rode one of his boards. After stepping onto one of his designs, working together was a no brainer”.

Daniel was equally enthusiastic about his future endeavors with Firewire.

“I am really excited about the opportunity to work with Firewire, who stand out in my mind as a company dedicated to evolving the sport through technological and design advancements.

Daniel continued, “I have always believed that surfboard design and technology will eventually evolve to take surfing to new places, so I have always tried to be involved in innovation in that regard. It is awesome that Firewire has seen such potential in my work and I am really looking forward to the results of this partnership.”

The first Firewire/DT models will hit retail in early 2013, and will be Firewire branded along with the DT logo clearly visible. Distribution will remain confined to Firewire’s existing, premium account base. Daniel will also continue to offer his custom designs under the Tomo label.

“Firewire believes that refinements to the shape of today’s modern surfboards can only produce incremental performance benefits. Exponential improvements in performance require the ongoing development of new materials and construction methods which, in turn, will fuel new design opportunities.”

Media Contact: [email protected]

Comment

Nice. Got a Tomo Nano last year and its a great board. Stoked to see Tomo get more widespread distribution. He's got some different ideas about surfboard design, its great to see Firewire diversify its line. Also it'll help people actually get a Tomo board - from what I hear the wait time for a Tomo has gone through the roof in the last year. Any idea which model(s) will be available, how will they handle the hatchet fins?

Comment

Must resist pre-ordering.......

Comment

Those deathstars look like they are going to turn the volume calculator on its head, as well as other surfers!

Comment

I'd need two.
            One for each foot.

Comment

This is a MASTERSTROKE ...well done Mark Price. I have been emailing Tomo back and forth for about 6 months. The last email just this week was that he was going to discuss and make me a board when he is back in Aus in October. He was that hard to track down I actually rang his Dad (Great bloke and super stoked shaper / surfer himself). Cutting edge technology over layed with cutting edge materials...I think this is big !! Call me out on it if you like but..I think in 5 years board shapes will be radically different to now and we will be riding boards made out of materials we haven't even considered yet..thats my call !!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaracen View Post
                Nice. Got a Tomo Nano last year and its a great board. Stoked to see Tomo get more widespread distribution. He's got some different ideas about surfboard design, its great to see Firewire diversify its line. Also it'll help people actually get a Tomo board - from what I hear the wait time for a Tomo has gone through the roof in the last year. Any idea which model(s) will be available, how will they handle the hatchet fins?
                I'm with you tsaracen. There was some discussion about Tomo back in July on a couple of general surf news threads and then to see the announcement was like a bolt of lightning. I just about fell out of my chair! Tomo offers quite a range of innovative designs. I hope they will offer some dims for "Big Boys". This forum will most definitely go ballistic when they come out. Real mind bender boards and oh so fun to ride. I'm 6'5" tall, 200lbs, 50 yrs and ride a Tomo 5'10" x 19 1/2" x 2 1/2" Vector Quad---who'd of thought?

Comment

damn, never thought you were 50! or 6-5 either.

Comment

Great news .... But I think I am going to need to get another job to fulfill my want to get board list :(

Comment

which shapes and what dims will be available? fst &/or rf?

Comment

Working...
                      X