Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Models

Guys,

Whats the official launch date of the new models and when will 1st batch hit UK?

James

From what I understand the next batch of boards isn't hitting the UK until March. I'd say it was possible there could be limited numbers of the new models on that shipment. I don't think it'll be long before the new boards are announced so keep your eyes peeled.

Comment

yeah safe bet here Prj...

Comment

I have seen a Potatonator in my local shop here in OzB,

Comment

yeah a couple samples have gone out here and there but not full scale yet....

Comment

Sorry curiosity was killing me.. Googled the new models and Just saw this on a UK website...
            http://www.secretspot.co.uk/Brands/firewire/
            New models coming for March 2012 include the Potatonator which is a cross between the sweet potato and dominator and this is one surfboard we are very excited about.We also have the Detonator We also have the Hellraiser coming which were sure will be popular and also a Michael Bourez Pro model coming into stock.

Just guessing:
            Potatonator= is a cross between the sweet potato and dominator (that was posted and is obvious)
            Detonator = narrower version of the Dominator, nose and round tail pulled in more with wings?
            Hellraiser= Hell Fire with a narrower tail template offering it as winged Swallow tail also?
            Michael Bourez Pro = double sting wing - bat fang pin tail as seen on the Japanese youtube shot
            Last edited by Fritzkat; 12-20-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

1 out of 4 fritzy!

Comment

Nope, the Michel Bourez Pro Model is a squash tail thruster. You can check it out at http://www.surfride.com/getproduct.a...6&b=61&ptid=85

Looks like standard shortboard dimensions but with some meaty thickness ... sick!!

Comment

little birdie told me about a particular ...lost model that is in production.. board looks like its a lot of fun.

still leaning towards the sub scorcher though

Comment

On Lost website it says "...Lost Surfboards now features Many models in both FST and Rapid Fire technologies. (The SUB Scorcher, The F-1, The Stealth and The Driver)."

FST Scorcher also seems to be in the works, hence the driver and scorcher would be the new models. Maybe also extending the RF tech from the stealth to other ...lost models.

http://www.lostenterprises.com/surfb.../fst--scorcher

Personally, I'll just keep my fingers crossed for an FST Sub Driver.
                    Last edited by Mana; 12-20-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mana View Post
                      On Lost website it says "...Lost Surfboards now features Many models in both FST and Rapid Fire technologies. (The SUB Scorcher, The F-1, The Stealth and The Driver)."

FST Scorcher also seems to be in the works, hence the driver and scorcher would be the new models. Maybe also extending the RF tech from the stealth to other ...lost models.

nope :) they might be also coming also but i heard a different model. and yeah the sub driver seems really nice but as a better wave board not something that'll surf mush liike the sub scorcher

Comment

the driver looks like a nice shape as well.. love the fact that ...lost and firewire are combining forces.. thats a win win for everyone.. stoked

Comment

Originally posted by Mana View Post

The Scorcher was planned originally, before the Sub, but then Matt B changed his mind and decided he wanted to go with the Sub instead. The Driver has been in the works for a while, I know donniedarko got a custom Driver from Matt in Hydroflex tech that was taken from the FW Driver file. Note the FW Driver V6.2 written on the board.
                          http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/834776bd.jpg
                          Matt said "The FW stands for fire wire , which I am developing the Driver in for next year."
                          If that is coming next year, I believe there might be another ...Lost shape coming too. But I guess we'll have to wait and see because the collabs ideas seem to change quite often. The ...Lost collabs are cool though, the more the merrier!

Comment

hear hear!! more lost collabs and maybe new arbor ones too..?=D

Comment

Hey gang. The lost collab is still alive and growing.

to clear up a few things, the Grocket and the Scorcher are no longer on the table even though they both were once on it and ready to go. When Firewire and Matt Biolos chat, things are put in place, calendars are set but sometimes in between decisions and the actual initiation of production, awareness of one thing or another changes what gets built.

Its not perfect, but collabs are two-way streets which can make the pipeline a different animal.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X