Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilko...

...requalified! Yewww

defo - one of the 'characters' on tour ......

Comment

Nice, always waiting to see what new wetsuit is coming out!!!.So far this year the Alana Blanchard model is da winner

Comment

I really like Wilko. Glad he made it.

Comment

he got juiced on that last wave too. I cannot believe Taj's wave was a 5.93 for a check turn and a floater. Wilko NAILED that second turn and did a better first turn....

Oh well.

Comment

Yeah I thought he had it too. I reckon if the wave shouldered off and he had kicked out instead of falling on the closeout hit they'd probably have given him the score.

Comment

yeah maybe...

Just funny. two events in a row now with sketch results....

Comment

Yeah. Taj had one really good turn in the final, but both waves compared Wilko had the nudge from me. Lets not even start on Portugal!

Comment

yeah been a tough year in my opinion for judges.

how on earth did dusty not beat slater with that air??

If slater does that air or Parko, Dane etc throws it down, 9.5. the judges get giddy for the big names...

Comment

Yeah I didn't see that heat live, so not in the context of the heat but it was a nuts air. They seem to go hot and cold on how they score these one big move waves. Usually hot for the big names like you said.

Comment

Judging this year is letting too much room for speculation!!!.They better get their act together otherwise the whole Tour will suffer

Comment

Still, probably a long way from match fixing like this http://deadspin.com/5931226/was-this...ng-match-fixed

Makes me wonder if any money does go under the table in surfing. I'd be prepared to put money under the table that it does! Seriously when there are large sums of money at stake shady things do happen. Does anyone know how the judges are selected?

Comment

Wow, just saw that, freaking ridiculous!!.
                          It is true that this year ASP judging has been regrettable to say the least. Overscores, underscores, interferences called upon, interferences not called, priorities given. Judging is pretty subjective and with the high caliber of athletes the judge's job get more difficult with every passing year.Now is up to the ASP to choose and train the judges accordingly

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if judges are motivated to get the Big Names into the final to make for a memorable contest.

Comment

Working...
                            X