• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volcom Pipe Pro starts tomorrow(ish).

Comment

big surf and bad winds....

Comment

Sally Fitzgerald just won the Breaka Pro. Go Sally!

Comment

Congrats Sally!!!!

Comment

The time difference in the Aus comps sucks for me. I haven't really seen any of this one. Stoked for Sal though!

Comment

yeah she looked very good. the offseason already paying off...

Comment

Parko wins the Newcastle MR Pro and Dimity Stoyle beats Go Sally in the womens.

Quikky Pro starts Saturday!

Comment

Was out in the water last week freesurfing with the pro juniors at merewether. I was holding my own until Felipe came out, and you could clearly see the difference in the next level pro surfing, just lightning fast torque turns for such a wirely framed kid, definitely has a big future!!!!
                  He definately has attitude out in the water though. I dont speak Portuguese, but i could tell his Brazilian mates were giving it to him, cause he burnt them on just about every wave. I know Parko was a cocky kid when he was younger, and look where he ended up. Time will tell, if he's up to the mental side of competing, cause the kid rips!!!!

The heats in Newie harbour when the swell maxed out all the beaches here was epic, Slabfest to the max. which sally excelled in, and Felipe scored a few pits too. Bummed that we couldnt get out there.

Super psyched for Snapper Too!!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...36483962_n.jpg

Comment

Go the local girl...Dim...almost had Sally beaten at Burleigh and now turns the tables!
                    Great confidence boost for her.

Comment

Originally posted by stylar View Post
                      Was out in the water last week freesurfing with the pro juniors at merewether. I was holding my own until Felipe came out, and you could clearly see the difference in the next level pro surfing, just lightning fast torque turns for such a wirely framed kid, definitely has a big future!!!!
                      He definately has attitude out in the water though. I dont speak Portuguese, but i could tell his Brazilian mates were giving it to him, cause he burnt them on just about every wave. ...
                      I think that is fairly normal for Brazilians, they travel thousands of miles, come to our beach and drop in on each other and it is uncrowded and there are good peaks everywhere up and down the beach (during the week). We have often been entertained by their behaviour.

Comment

same here. I dont have problems w brazillians, but they come in droves to hawaii. i know a bunch thru jiu-jitsu and surfing, but it kinda freaked me out when i was at V-land w everyone speaking portuguese. especially cus thats a pretty localized spot.

Comment

We get everyone at Bondi but true enough Brazzos seem to be over represented in the hassling/snaking/just being a little too aggressive stakes.

What I see much less of nowadays, and you used to see a lot of, is Japanese surfers. Where are they going nowadays, or are they just not travelling in the same numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
                            We get everyone at Bondi but true enough Brazzos seem to be over represented in the hassling/snaking/just being a little too aggressive stakes.

What I see much less of nowadays, and you used to see a lot of, is Japanese surfers. Where are they going nowadays, or are they just not travelling in the same numbers?
                            Gold Coast points, particularly on LOngboards for the Japanese

Comment

The Yen is much weaker in relation to the AUD, that's a part of it. Bali and other delights are also much closer.

Comment

Just back from work, midnight here and catching up with the girls surfing at the Quiksilver Pr... are these girls surfing or what???. Sally Fitz about to hit the water

Comment

Working...
                                X