X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michel bourez pro model

Hi guys,would really appreciate if you could give me some approx date as to when I could purchase the new mb model here in sunny oz.Have read other forums indicating March for the uk .Will we also be getting a shipment down under around that time.Thanks.

Heard that it'll be more like April in the UK now, with very limited numbers as there are only 200 boards allocated to Europe in this shipment.
    I imagine you'll be seeing them before then in Aus.

Comment

any word on the eta of the ....lost mini driver??

Comment

Hey Dawn, those boards are going to be delivered in the first quarter of this year, there may be orders in with ETAs already. Have you called a few AUS shops to ask?

Thanks!

Comment

michel bourez model

[QUOTE=Chris;1088]Hey Dawn, those boards are going to be delivered in the first quarter of this year, there may be orders in with ETAs already. Have you called a few AUS shops to ask?

Thanks.

Hey Chris,getting a different story here in oz.Most shops saying expecting delivery mid year for the Mb pro model.Whats the scoop?

Comment

I spoke to Firewire direct early last week in OZ and i was told that the MB Pro will be available in early April.....

Comment

yeah that is fairly accurate. So you ALL HAVE BEEN SO PATIENT!!!!

Unofficially, keep your eyes peeled to the website next week....

Comment

As in March edition of Transworld surf
                Michel Bourez model 5'10 18 1/2 27/16
                27.2 liters
                Combines speed, power and a tight turning radius in a high performance board
                To be ridden 1" to 2" shorter than your standard short board
                Available April

Comment

What does the FW crew suggest for fins on the MB?

Comment

Hey Chris
                    How about a bit of a review on your 5'10 MB
                    How does it compare to your other boards
                    What waves does it work best
                    Where would it sit in your quiver
                    What are the main differences from the Taj pro ( I know MB fell for FW boards from riding a Taj)
                    As well as the best fin setup
                    Also can you order one with a spray
                    Cheers Wandi

Comment

hey wandi, see below. A little pressed for time so I can't go super deep into it, but have a look.

-How does it compare to your other boards: The Michel what I would call an "all around high performance shortboard." You are riding it waist to overhead and a half, easily. it grovels like a CHAMP, seriously, you will be blown away riding it in small stuff and hooking it meaty stuff. It will likely steal a lot of my Alternator time.
                      -What waves does it work best: all kinds. Probably dislikes soft slopey waves the most, but you are on it in nearly anything over stomach high as long as there is a little push. Think waist to overhead and a half.
                      -Where would it sit in your quiver: My quiver has been adjusted after a period of experimentation. I ride a potato, elfuego, alternator, Michel, flexfire. My 510 Michel is good but the rail is too short for my preference. I will be getting a 600 when it comes in. boards are listed in order of surf size from small to big, but will likely bump my Alternator a bit.
                      -What are the main differences from the Taj pro ( I know MB fell for FW boards from riding a Taj): width and thickness and volume per unit length. Same rocker.
                      -As well as the best fin setup: varies from person to person, but all MB models will come in Futures as he is a team rider.
                      -Also can you order one with a spray: we don't currently offer custom spray jobs. we encourage folks to do that post purchase.

Cheers and hope thuds helps.

Comment

I was going to say how do you find riding a 5'10" x 18.5" shortboard Chris? I can barely get my head around that... The 6'0" x 18.75" sounds perfect for an everyday board for me, but with the thickness @ 2.57" my chicken legs wouldn't have a chance of loading it up!
                        Looks like the MB has a springer also? Could be worth adding that to the spec section on the main site.

Comment

Michel bourez board specs

Hi nev,or anyone in FireWire land.Would like to know the dimensions of the mb.That is nose,tail and centre of buoyancy.As yet the specs are not on the board formula page.I realize you guys have been flat out but would really appreciate the info on that board.Thanks

Comment

hey dawn,
                            because its a new model, i don't have all those specs yet. our CAD team is putting together a new spec sheet, but until I get that, I can't get that data to you. Just have t one patient for the time being.

thanks

Comment

Not sure if its been covered so apologies for the repeat q (r we there yet r we there yet... ). Is the MB avail in SoCal yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X