Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
surf movies Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • surf movies

    i'm a big fan of documentaries and just now found this not released surf doc that looks pretty fascinating:

    http://www.snagfilms.com/splinters

    Splinters is the first feature-length documentary film about the evolution of indigenous surfing in the developing nation of Papua New Guinea. In the 1980s an intrepid Australian pilot left behind a surfboard in the seaside village of Vanimo. Twenty years on, surfing is not only a pillar of village life but also a means to prestige. With no access to economic or educational advancement, let alone running water and power, village life is hermetic. A spot on the Papua New Guinea national surfing team is the way to see the wider world; the only way.

  • #2
    That sounds really interesting Justin! I much prefer stuff like that with a bit of depth. I bought Innersection II recently and found the relentless air reverses into the wind. section after section, got boring pretty quick...

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for posting Justin, HUGE fan of surfing documentaries

      Comment


      • #4
        yeah i got lost atlas for a birthday gift and didn't even finish it made it about half way through..

        trilogy is still probably my favorite flick

        Comment


        • #5
          Trilogy is sick. I fell asleep watching Lost Atlas haha
          Year Zero is a good one.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just watched who is J.O.B
            Sick movie even if it is of Jamie O'brien

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wandi View Post
              Just watched who is J.O.B
              Sick movie even if it is of Jamie O'brien
              Yeah, that is a good one. His barrel riding is top 3 in the world and his above the lip stuff would have to be up there too. Every wave in that movie is crazy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Flow,endless summer I and II,busting down the door, wave riders, one track mind,the drive thru series,trilogy, the occymentary,searching for jay patterson,finer glass and megapixels
                thicker than water,dude cruise,free as a dog,still filthy,just add wate,dark fall,cancer to capricorn,a fly in my champagne, fin,longer,young guns 3... and a few others I have

                Comment


                • #9
                  i really like scratching the surface too .. so sik

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah, that's another good one, kdropin.
                    Sipping Jetstreams and Castles In The Sky are a couple of my recent faves. As well as One Track Mind and older classics like the Momentum films, Shelter and 5th Symphony Document. September Sessions is a beauty too.
                    Dane's Thrills Spills is cool in a quirky way, and The Drifter and Melali are enjoyable watches, Drive Thru Europe gets a notable mention too!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                      Yeah, that is a good one. His barrel riding is top 3 in the world and his above the lip stuff would have to be up there too. Every wave in that movie is crazy.
                      Ha love it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                        Yeah, that's another good one, kdropin.
                        Sipping Jetstreams and Castles In The Sky are a couple of my recent faves. As well as One Track Mind and older classics like the Momentum films, Shelter and 5th Symphony Document. September Sessions is a beauty too.
                        Dane's Thrills Spills is cool in a quirky way, and The Drifter and Melali are enjoyable watches, Drive Thru Europe gets a notable mention too!
                        Agreed. Love castles. Love the snow surfing and The machado section on that micro barrel.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes sir... agreed on the snow surf!!!
                          But Dude cruise is a movie I can't get tired of watching. Also Tom Curren rise to the top

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            this is an introspective short about a surf photographer. not a ton of surfing in it, but great photography, lotsa words, lotsa waves. good stuff.

                            http://vimeo.com/14074949

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              old era defined by endless 1 (and slippery when wet etc)......new era on the map with storm riders...which also has THE best soundtrack ever.....and morning of the earth somewhere in the middle
                              Last edited by core personal training; 01-08-2012, 12:59 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X