X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soar Powerbase Fins

I just received my new set of Powerbase Soar fins. They are the DL template which is the go to template for a vast number of pro surfers, including Taj, who use glass ons. Owen Wright is also a Powerbase team rider and using the larger DXL template fin and the Powerbase fin boxes.
    www.powerbasefins.com.au
    www.soarfin.com
    There are 3 materials available. Electra, which is the softest flex pattern, Amour which is the medium and apparently very much like glass ons, and then the Ceramic material which is stiffer again. I believe it is similar in feel to G10 material. I went for the Armour tech.
    The fins have a flanged base like that of a glassed on fin and pull down into the plugs as you screw them in which prevents the movement at the base of the fins. That should lead to a more immediate response, increased drive etc.
    Here's a crappy photo, the lights a bit shit at home but I'm sure you can see better pics on the web pages.
    Attachment
    I haven't tried them out yet but will post some feedback once I have.
    Attached Files

FCS compatible, right? From what I've seen they look FCS compatible but what you are saying about how they secure makes me wonder if they require a specific fin box.

Comment

They work with FCS, but I wouldn't recommend unless you have fusions, I think the way they pull down into the board might be a little too strenuous for older style plugs.
      They do their own boxes too which are designed to accommodate the fins perfectly and I believe the whole plug is hidden under the flanged bottom so it's very tidy.

Comment

hummm, ineresting

Comment

Working...
        X