Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stoked on the good words everyone!!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
      ... EPS does come with a downside in terms of managing dings immediately. ...
      The next generation of foam is coming along: IXPS, it's EPS but with closed cells and low void space. As I understand it the reason EPS will absorb water is because between the closed cells of foam there is space where the water seeps in. By using a better blowing process and eliminating the void between the cells they are solving the problem. I have an epoxy board with IXPS and it got dinged and didn't appear to absorb any water before I got around to fixing it.

Comment

My pleasure Chris as it has made me a better surfer as I age!

To answer the original question I think it has been since 2007-8 as I had a Futura, old style, and then got a DOM, and then got a Flexfire, and then got a SP, and now I have the Hellfire. I am totally hooked, although I must admit I need to surf more. Once a week is not really cutting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
          The next generation of foam is coming along: IXPS, it's EPS but with closed cells and low void space. As I understand it the reason EPS will absorb water is because between the closed cells of foam there is space where the water seeps in. By using a better blowing process and eliminating the void between the cells they are solving the problem. I have an epoxy board with IXPS and it got dinged and didn't appear to absorb any water before I got around to fixing it.
          I look forward to that for sure.

Chris, is there any word if/when Firewire will incorporate IXPS in its boards? Or is it happening already?

Comment

The R&D guys have looked into it, but there is stuff in the pipeline that has our current focus. It doesn't mean we'll never work with it, but right now we aren't. Great heads up though and killer stuff!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              The R&D guys have looked into it, but there is stuff in the pipeline that has our current focus. It doesn't mean we'll never work with it, but right now we aren't. Great heads up though and killer stuff!

Cheers!
              Stuff in the pipeline???? hummm

Comment

Working...
              X