X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiksilver Call status:
    "Waiting for tide to push. Next call in -1 hours."???
    what is going on with the call right now, they simply are not updating it or what? did they forget to let the thousands of people world wide know that the event is off for the day or something?

Comment

The website seemed to crash. The event didn't proceed today but there's a good chance it will tomorrow.

Comment

I still can't believe they gave Parko a ten
        I think the judges will hand him the trophy this year

Comment

Originally posted by Wandi View Post
          I still can't believe they gave Parko a ten
          I think the judges will hand him the trophy this year
          To be fair that was one of the best waves ridden in the event. I don't know if it was a 10 but it was pretty sweet even if it was kind of little.

Comment

Yeah, it was probably a 9 point something, but either way it killed Wilson's hope of beating Parko that heat.

Comment

Contest to run today! so stoked to finally have some closure to this one. Quarterfinal #1 will start in 40 minutes
              http://quiksilverlive.com/progoldcoa...2/live.en.html

Comment

Congrats to Taj

Comment

yeah stoked Taj won, hopefully he can keep it going.....

Seriously though, and I hate myself for saying this, Adriano got DUMPED on for that air. If Slater, Dane, Jordy, Julian, Owen, Parko, Fanning or John John do that in the dying minutes of an event final in terrible surf, they get a 9 easy. I was sure the judges were giving it to him. It was such an inverted maneuver that got an 8+ earlier in the event....CRAZY. Judges need to lock it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    yeah stoked Taj won, hopefully he can keep it going.....

Seriously though, and I hate myself for saying this, Adriano got DUMPED on for that air. If Slater, Dane, Jordy, Julian, Owen, Parko, Fanning or John John do that in the dying minutes of an event final in terrible surf, they get a 9 easy. I was sure the judges were giving it to him. It was such an inverted maneuver that got an 8+ earlier in the event....CRAZY. Judges need to lock it up.
                    I'm soooooooo much on that boat!!!!. The judging throughout the whole vent was a bit dodgy!!

Comment

Yeah plenty of bad calls from the judges through-out. Mostly poor waves too but some good surfing none the less.

Comment

I can't get behind an inverted air if the rest of the wave looks bad. To much pumping not enough flow. This is a contest with many criteria not the air section of a surf vid. Along the same train of thought I can't believe Kerzy beat Kelly. He did pull airs but his cut backs look like any average joe in California, score negative points. Kelly's cut backs are a thing of hard surfing beauty. All I hear is the young guys frothing over who pulled what air. Some many of the air guys barely look decent surfing the wave. Airs are good but you have to have a strong set of basics. Watching kerr surf makes me wonder how he even got on the tour in the first place. He is good at airs and barrels. The rest of his surfing looks very ugly.

Comment

WQS is the air reverse tour now, except a few good barrel locations...
                          The thing with the WT judging is, if they're not going to reward waves for one big air, they need to stay consistent with that and not change their standing depending on who the surfer is.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                            WQS is the air reverse tour now, except a few good barrel locations...
                            The thing with the WT judging is, if they're not going to reward waves for one big air, they need to stay consistent with that and not change their standing depending on who the surfer is.
                            Very true unless the air is absolutely mental, same goes for a turn. I think it is just as hard to pull a huge turn as it is to land a good air. The main difference is you usually look better setting up for a huge turn. a guy like Dane that can do it all when he is on is awesome. When he pulls an air it doesn't look like a spaz fest when he is setting up for it. He carries so much speed through his turns, because he has a great understanding of the basics, that he can pull huge airs with out doing the wide leg but wiggle past 4 turn sections of a wave.

Comment

Yeah, I miss Dane on the WT because when he has one of those heats where everything comes together it's so good to watch. Video parts are good and all, but that live scenario is unbeatable.

Comment

yeah flow is important but lets keep in mind, slater beat taj with a single air reverse that netted him a 10 and it wasn't even a clean ride out. I am just saying i think some of the guys garner higher scores than others.

Comment

Working...
                                X