X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik Pro Snapper Rocks 2012

Great to watch some more webcasted surfing yesterday, the guys did great in less than ideal conditions. Michel through to round 3 and Taj in round 2. Hopefully the waves get good so we can see some good power hacks from michel and some great surfing overall. got my fingers crossed that Dane comes out of round 2, always want to see more of his surfing but he never seems to stay in the comp for too long, How was that single turn he did to get an 8!?
    Also, any inside scoop as to why Taj was seen with an irregular craft under his feet?

Dane had a couple of good cracks! There were a few good barrels going down surprisingly too! Slater had a serious drainer. Michel looked really good on that 9.
    I think Taj has been playing with different boards in the off season, he seems to be on the Mayhems quite a bit. Just trying something different no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on a trusty FW in round 2 though.

My Fantasy Surfer team took a pounding though. Worst round 1 performance ever.

Comment

taj has dane rd 2.. friendly fire for me... hold taj takes him out he's more likely to be consistent through the contest

Comment

What about that in extremes win from Michel Bourez?

Comment

I've got Taj and Dane in round 2 also. From a FS perspective I wouldn't mind Dane winning and going on to the finals and then you get the points for Dane and Taj will be much cheaper to buy for Bells. However, from a World Title perspective I'd like Taj to win the event.

Yeah Iggy, Michel's 9 was good. I regretted dropping him from my FS team due to the poor forecast at that moment.

Comment

Ha you put the forecast into the equation as well when it comes to choose the team!!

Comment

Haha yeah, I put loads of thought into it. Check any warm up footage I can find, check the heat draw, previous results at the event, forecast....

All that and I still do shit!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=sk5hBcuA3HE#!

Comment

dropped michel as well in favor of jordy.. i rode michel all of last year too. we'll c how it plays out

Comment

Gotta look into the forecast, recent footage, recent injuries. All that. I use recent results as well as archives too. Blew it. Talked up Melling and then dropped him last minute. bad move.

Taj has a tough one with Dane. Both guys struggle to get 2 waves though. They blow up then get 5 2s. I think at 11.5 million, Taj is overpriced with fanning, Jordy, Bede, Kerr, Melling, Michel, etc below 10 million.

Comment

After all my shuffling I ended up with
                      Taj - Julian - Kerrzy - Fanning - Bede - Melling - Kolohe - Dane

Only got 2 straight through to round 3 with Mick and Melling. I made room for Taj and ended up with Dane instead of another half decent seed and Taj let me down a bit in round 1. Hopefully he bounces back. Dig out that trusty 5'11".

Comment

The judges still seem to be struggling with how to deal with airs, and scoring some such as Dane way high, and others such as Brett Simpson and Andino much lower.

Anyway, Taj looks strong for the year as do Mick, Joel, Kelly, John John, Owen and Julian. Watch the world champ come from outside that list (Jordy? Funky Cold?) as I've probably now applied the famous buzzy hex.

Comment

I think your right with the call about airs
                          That thing from Brett Simpson was going for broke in the most critical section and only got a six something
                          If it was Dane it would of got bigger cheers and bigger scores

Comment

So I've ended up with 7 of my 8 surfers in round 3 thanks to some good round 2 performances. Unfortunately I've got Julian and Melling surfing against each other in round 3 but fingers crossed I have 6 in round 4.

Comment

I should have gone with Melling. I was picking TKnox to win it all. Had all my eggs in his basket.....

haaa nahhh just kidding.

But in the Taj heat, Dane GAVE away waves to him. Taj was super flustered to start but was luckily up against someone without a lot of strategy. Dane gave Taj one of those 9s and I have to say, someone playing a little more strategy may have kept Taj to one good wave again. had Dane used priority like he should have, he easily could have dropped a 9.

anyways it didn't happen, but I still think its early to tell with TB. I think as new as the school is, I think the guys who look the best to make a run are 3 classics and 1 newbie: Slater, Parko, Fanning, John John. If John John's weakness is small waves that he doesn't know that well and his strengths are big barrels AND he detonated like he did at Snapper? Watch out!

Comment

Working...
                              X