X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good read, volume vs surface area, paddling & more

I came across a really cool article the other day, the search started with painting an epoxy board, then to difference between tails, then to fins, then I was cruising through surfline and surfer mag trying to find an article to better understand volume and how it relates to how to choose a surfboard and why its becoming so popular (surfing curiosity) and I couldnt find too much that was helpful, or even from my perspective, that seemed right. I found this http://www.tylerkaraszewski.com/Surf...20Need%3F.html
    Just a normal guy like any of us, a very smart guy at that, who does some math, thinking, and experiments on boards, paddling, and planing. I read all three articles he had up. The website is dated a bit but I managed to get in touch with him just tell him that I thought what he wrote was really cool. I figured if i liked it this much maybe other like minded people would too. It cleared some of the misconceptions that i've had and I imagine some other people have too. Enjoy!

Interresting stuff...

something I came across a while ago:

Comment

thanks man, that was a cool read too. its a trip to think about the first time i bought a board and how little i really knew haha! board science has come such a long way, I think the next board ill add to my quiver is a custom dfr

Comment

Interesting indeed

Comment

Working...
        X