X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowman View Post
    No leave it. It's perfect for some room of mirrors contemplation! I really like it, it's a variation of that old "nation of convicts" chestnut. The world has turned a few times over since 1788. Perhaps it was just an overreaction/overkill response. Meant to be funny but wide of the mark...I mean we do call the guys across the ditch sheep shaggers, but that IS funny (especially since our economy used to ride on the sheep's back).

Gee sounds like 2233.

I have never surfed the Superbank though I have surfed Snapper, Cooly and Kirra in the old days. Coolie used to break nearly all the way to Kirra on bigger days. As Fan points out though there are just so many places on the east coast alone.

I would say Australians are no more surf obsessed than Californians, perhaps less so. I've spent plenty of time in California for work and seems like everybody there still has an old surfboard in the garage and it is pretty much a part of growing up on the coast of California - you will at some time pick up a surfboard and learn. Far from the case with Sydney-siders at least.
    Hey Slowy..nah not 2233 , up the other way. If you are ever up this way Ill take you.

Comment

• Yeah I spent 6 months there in 2004. Probably covered more of the coast than most aussies have also!
      From Geraldton to Margs and right across the south coast then from Great Ocean Road up as far as the Goldy.
      You're right there are plenty of quiet places around but the popular areas are pretty ridiculous!

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
      Phil..my guess is you havent ever been to Aus and understand how massive it is and how much surf drenched coast we have? Sure you can go to places like the Superbank and its crowded. I have surfed the superbank about 12-15 times. Even when its super crowded I still get heaps of waves and one good wave there is pretty sick. I remember one where I took off just behind the rock and went all the way to Cooly. That thing just kept standing up and I remember my legs were starting to fade at Greenmount !! You have to also remember that most of the people surfing the SB arent great surfers so you can out paddle them or out place them most times. A pecking order normally happens pretty quickly.

Having said that I surf at a place in a national park which is just off a highway. You have to walk about 200 meters or so to get to the water but I rarely surf there with more than 5 people or so in the water. It is "plagued" with dolphins and super white sand and mostly crystal clear water...AND its about 15 mins from my house. We regularly get very good surf there. There are just hundreds of places like this just on the east coast and lots of them go unridden. The superbank is NOT indicative of the Australian surfing experience.
      Last edited by Phill; 12-30-2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter11121
        Hello friends i am here i just want to say you that i like to surfski game and this is almost my favorite game to play and i am earning money to play this game in the different challenges specially in miami beach i have won many challenges by glambling and get money this game is as my part of earning money...
        Ok???.............

Comment

• ???????? :0

Comment

• Doesn't he mean surfski glame? I mean if you're going glamble...it's got to be glame

Comment

• Ha! I thought spambots were improving but they seem to be going back down hill...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                Doesn't he mean surfski glame? I mean if you're going glamble...it's got to be glame
                That is funny.

Comment

• Apologies to any Aussies who took offense. I removed my comment a lil while back.

Comment

• Originally posted by aurfalien View Post
                    Apologies to any Aussies who took offense. I removed my comment a lil while back.
                    No problems...lets hug it out.

Comment

• Just seen Taj' rd 2 loss in Tahiti Went up off the bottom to do a huge snap off the top and his board snapped in 2 Shoulda been on a FST

Comment

• Taj snapped a Mayhem on a wave which probably would have delivered a R2 win. He lost. A FireWire probably would have held together. Just sayin'

Comment

• Phill
                          Phill commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I had him on my team too :(
                      Working...
                      X