Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that looks pretty fun iggy. where is it at??

Comment

deep in the wilds of canada..........

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        that looks pretty fun iggy. where is it at??
        Habitat 67, St Lawrence River!!. Main wave, levels still not at optimal, it hasn't been that good the whole year due to very little snow the previous winter. But now fall is coming and the other wave will come up!!!

Comment

How long do you surf each wave? Do you just surf it till you push it too hard and fall, or till you get tired? Is it a long walk back up the river when you fall? How long are your sessions?

Comment

Crazy, CA never gets good without a crowd!

Comment

Originally posted by csarqui View Post
              How long do you surf each wave? Do you just surf it till you push it too hard and fall, or till you get tired? Is it a long walk back up the river when you fall? How long are your sessions?
              He have sort of self imposed a 2min rule on the wave when the wave is medium crowded (around 10ppl in the lineup ) and around a minute and a half when crowd gets bigger than that.
              At this time of the year when people start getting scared about the cold, you might stay as long as the next person allows you to stay an even share the wave if the other one does not mind.
              With time we have realized that after a minute or so you get already pretty tired and it's time for the next one to come. Personally, around 2 years ago I managed to surf the same wave (on and off) for 47min, and I had to bail cause somebody else showed up and it was time to share the love.
              The paddle back is not as bad as you would think, takes less than 7mins to paddle back to shore through the current.
              The only downside of fresh water is that it freezes and that's the reason why we stop surfing the river between late December and mid May...we don't want to ding the boards with the icebergs floating downstream!;)

Comment

Thats sooo hardcore Iggy...seriously.

Comment

Attachment Naaa just a different approach!! ;)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by iggy; 11-13-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I want to see some pics of some rail grinds on those bergs ...dogtown style...now that would be hard core !!

Comment

Wow! That's so cool. I would love to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
                        I want to see some pics of some rail grinds on those bergs ...dogtown style...now that would be hard core !!
                        JAAJAJA agreed!!, if anybody has a spare board for a test!!!;)

Comment

spare board? between you, fazza, and chris you have PLENTY to choose from! :)

Comment

jajajaaja1!! but I wouldn't put one of mine through such trauma!!! ;)

Comment

Use Chris's then lol

Comment

Ditto!! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X