Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm keen to follow the feedback on the mini driver myself. It looks like a great shape, but I don't have a clear handle on how it surfs and which waves it suits best.

Comment

From what I'm read on Mayhem's blog etc it was meant to be a shorter board to surf in good barrelling waves. But a lot of team riders have been using it as an all rounder in average waves and even as a semi groveller. Sounds like it's going to go well in anything with a bit of shape and steepness to it, right down to waist high stuff and up to way over head barrels if you've got the ability to get into those waves on a small board I guess.

I'll post some feedback on mine when I get it but it's not going to be for another 10 weeks or so at least I reckon.

Comment

Thanks PRJ!!

I will add the thread everyone...

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Chris, on the quiver section of the webpage would you say the pic of the MD is an accurate representation? Something about it looks a little out of proportion to me.

Comment

think it might be the LOST... logo that makes it look at bit weird? It should have been a bit further down, about the same place as the Firewire logo.

Comment

Hey Chris. Any update on adding the "Mini Driver" thread to the forum? Thanks.

Comment

Bump...

Comment

Hey Chris just saw this threat keen to get a MD after reading this if I ride a 6'0 sub scorcher which is perfect for me, in terms of volume, and, the MD is for the bigger days that the Sub struggles in, would I want to go up a size to a 6'2MD or go a 6'0. I was thinking up a size to get into the bigger waves but thinking I'll lose to much performance but 6'0 will feel to small as the sub feels to small when it starts getting over head and solid, but is that due to it wasn't designed for that. Cheers.

Comment

I'm going up a size from Sub to Mini, but I did ride my Sub as small as possible.

Comment

Thanks it's always hard to know which way to go with board size if yor stuck in the middle with volume. My 6' sub is perfect volume but does feel small and loose when it's solid. Do you think the same size MD will handle the bigger days. A 5'8 sub must have been small for you at 6' tall.

Comment

It felt fine up to over head, but I'd be riding mostly boards in the 508 range for the last 18 months so was pretty used to it. Once I started riding my 6'0" I starting remember how good a bit of length feels and that's the main reason I sold the Sub in favour of the MD. The 5 fin plugs and round tail are a big plus too.

I reckon the same size MD will probably feel more stable in bigger conditions because of the more refined outline, I haven't ridden one yet though so can't say for sure.

Comment

Thanks I also want to get a HR at the same time for good days My SP for tiny scorcher for crap to head then th MD for crap over head and as all rounder my activator was a good alrounder till it snapped so I hope MD will sort of cover that but better in bigger stuff

Comment

Yeah my plan is Potato for waist high clean to shoulder high junk, Mini Driver for chest high clean and punchy up to overhead and bumpy and my Taj for when there's good quality, shoulder high plus waves with good shape and i can do my best to actually surf.

Comment

yeahhhh. get ready for tropical storms PRJ. The atlantic is about to get excited...

Comment

Fingers crossed. It's literally been the worst run of surf this year that I can remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X