Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Quiver Change Up??

Right,

Thinking of changing my boards around....I personally think I need to go up a size for the extra volume as I've always been around the 32l-33l and thats been ok but I think I could benefit from the extra increase for a few reasons....

Rubbish weak wind swell 90% of the time, Lazy when it comes to fitness, Long flat spells, Stiff back!

There has always been two different sizes of boards suited to me i.e. 5'10 to 6'0 Spitfire and I have always gone with the smaller sizes

Heres my idea for two great boards....

6'0 Spitfire for waist high to overhead

5'5 Baked Potato for knee high plus (Anyone know when these are hitting the uk?)

Previous boards i've had are Spit, Dom and my current boards, got to say the Spit was the best alrounder for me, a good one board quiver I had for a couple of years. I like the ELF but the jump in 10% volume seems to much and I think the Spit would be a better alrounder for holidays and really good days

So has anyone got any advice for me on this, would be greatly appreciated??

Cheers

I'd personally be after a Spit/Dom style model for small waves, and a Hellfire/Hellrazor/Alt or MB style model for good waves. But if you intend to focus on small to medium waves that set up would work.

I can say that you'll probably find the next size up Spit will surf the tiniest days fine.

Comment

Yeah I dont really have the need for a high performance board these days, wish I did! Your right about the Spit but the SP or BP would just be super fun when its 1ft - 2ft and full of longboarders

Comment

Originally posted by 2ftandjunky View Post
        Yeah I dont really have the need for a high performance board these days, wish I did! Your right about the Spit but the SP or BP would just be super fun when its 1ft - 2ft and full of longboarders
        Are you sure you're in the UK and not on the Sunshine coast?
        You've just described my locale and it's prevailing conditions to a tee,
        Back in the 70's the pintail single fins were the one board quiver aimed at being the board for the epic days. Suffer through the rest of the average conditions.
        I'm with you in so far as I have my sweet potato and potatonator for the ordinary surf check.
        Whether it's beachbreaks or points at sub 5' I'm covered by these two boards considering the kinds of waves I'll choose.
        If the beachbreaks are high tide and full then it's the sweet potato. Lower tide or a decent size with more grunt in the waves and it's the potatonator.
        If the swell's larger and the beachbreaks aren't handling it so well it's on for a move down to the points.
        These are pretty soft points and so high tide means the sweet potato again.
        Low tide and you guessed it....potatonator.
        2 board quiver.
        If you don't have a great paddling board on these points the longboarders there will starve you as they work rotation on everything.
        So my point is....sounds like you're making a wise decision for 2 very practical boards based on your conditions, opportunities and circumstances.

Comment

Ha maybe a little warmer over your way! I'm getting into the PN for 2ft plus waves so I think she's a keeper. I would like to get hold of a used SP though to give it a go, but the PN has it covered for the moment. The fuego i'm not to sure still, had instant love for my old rapidfire spitfire so think i might trade it for a FST one. I'll have to wait a couple of months though so i'll still get some more waves on them both

Comment

Working...
          X