X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a guy on a Channel Islands fibre flex today

I guess you guys have decided not to manufacture any non-FireWire shapers other than Mayhem, but I'd love to see some other top line shapers in this tech. Any chance?

way ahead of you buzzy....

Comment

You cannot leave it at that Chris...

Comment

watch me. taking myself right on out the door.

but in all seriousness, we wouldn't be doing our jobs if we weren't always looking for the next best thing...

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
          You cannot leave it at that Chris...
          haha... im going to need a second job.. no wait third job

Comment

but in all seriousness, we wouldn't be doing our jobs if we weren't always looking for the next best thing...
            That is great to hear Chris. I would like to ask everyone on this forum if they would be interested in Daniel "Tomo" Thompson, 2X Sacred Craft Winner, designs in Firewire tech. Folks I drank the Kool-Aid. It's kind of mind boggling a board so small can go so good. Some of you in Australia I'm sure know Tomo is on to something. Firewire tech could only make it that much better. Is this the next big thing? The following is the dims formula you would use for the most recent designs. Pretty rad huh?

Next Gen Models: Order the Next Gen at Chin height (aprox 8” shorter than standing height) 1 inch” narrower than what you generaly feel is your minimum shortboard width. Same thickness as be what you would consider ideal for you weight, ability and general wave conditions.

(** Next Gen Sizing is considered for surfers of average ability or fitness and higher.
            Although this sizing seems very small for general paddling and riding, please be assured that due to the unique distribution of volume, the Next Gen boards will float/paddle at least as well as a standard shortboard in flat water situations & catch waves better than boards 12” longer. Performance is guaranteed to be mind blowing**)

Comment

So id be looking at something in the 5'4" x 17"5/8 x 2"3/8 range?
              I don't think I could get my head around that...

Comment

I'd just be happy to see as big a range of choices in this tech as is reasonably possible. I'd personally love to see, say, a JS Occy Firewire model, but I'm not fixated.

Comment

I don't think I could get my head around that...
                  I know what you are saying prjwebb. I thought the same. What I found out when I got my feet on one of these little speed demons is if you can ride a hp shortboard, you can ride these futuristic designs. In fact you may feel even more comfortable. Tomo's neighbor growing up was George Greenough and he is on a different path. The folks on this forum are some of the most informative and passionate surfers anywhere. I'm sure you will agree breakthrough design with innovative tech is a good thing.

Comment

Speaking of Occy by the way did anyone see Nathan Hedge doing an Occy impersonation at JBay round 1 & 2? Those top turns were pure Occy, although short of the Occster's patented best ever backhand bottom turn. Still, great surfing.

Really sad that event isn't on the main stage this year.

Comment

Hi John808,
                      I'd be suprised if Tomo starts a collaboration with Firewire as he's already getting boards built in multiple techs over in the US.
                      But that's just a guess.

Comment

Eh Cuttlefish. Howzit bruddah!
                        Your guess may be correct on many levels. Then again Mayhem is doing a great job in multi tech and we are fortunate to have him. The Firewire production/distribution network makes these designers shapes more accessible for all of us. Buzzy really nailed it when he said "I'd just be happy to see as big a range of choices in this tech as is reasonably possible."

Comment

Working...
                        X