X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White rapid-fire

All right so I went for a little Maine trip and stumbled across a nice collection of FW's at Cinnamon Rainbows and they had some of the new white rapid-fire
    Attachment Attachment Attachment
    Attached Files

I also saw a few in a shop the other day, i think they look much better than the bamboo deck which IMO look a bit cheap.

Comment

I am guessing there is a good chance the two whites will yellow at a slightly different rates. do you think after a bit of age these things will become Two Tone?

Comment

the bamboo rapidfire actually becomes single tone as it yellows!!! HA!

No but all boards yellow to some degree. there is no sense in denying that. As for two tones, we laid the boards on our roof for a couple of weeks to see how it went. nothing to discourage us from going forward....

Comment

They sound good to me!

Chris any idea when they will be hitting the uk?

Comment

sooooon i hope they are so nice...

mads sand

Comment

There's a delivery arriving in the second week of September. There could potentially be a limited number on that shipment.

Comment

a red deck would go faster.....................

Comment

Has anyone got any feedback on the white rapid fire yet? I've only seen 1 white alternator in the shops on the northern beaches of sydney. They seem hard to find at the moment. Thinking of trading my much loved 5'10 rapid fire dom for a 5'8 in the white. (At 5'11, 80kg i can prob ride either but thinking of more performance)

Comment

I've haven't been a fan of the RF and always loved the FST. So when the white RF came out I was keen to see as I wanted a BP. After seeing both in the flesh I decide on the Bamboo RF, maybe it was riding the demo it just grew on me. The white RF jsut doesn't look as crisp, finished, I can't put my finger on it really just IMO

Comment

I have really enjoyed the footwells I have created on the deck of my bamboo rapidfire. FST tend to crack before they will dent in my experience. Can anyone compare/contrast the white rapid fire with the bamboo rapidfire?

Comment

No first hand experience from me, but from what's been said, it emulates the feel of the bamboo but with a different atheistic.

Comment

yeah. thats about it. a nearly identical ride!!

Comment

So i bit the bullet and bought a 5'8 white rapid fire spitfire. Ive surfed a 5'10 rapid fire dom for 2 years and just had my first surf on the spit this morning. Very happy with how the spit rode. It's def more responsive than the dom which is what i was looking for. Also, Chris is right in that the feeling of the white rapidfire and the bamboo skin feels identical. It looks pretty sweet too with a navy firewire stamp and navy where the step down rail is. I should have taken a pic before i waxed it up.

So if your looking to change up to a white in the rapidfire, don't be scared that there is any difference in the way it rides. Good job firewire!

Comment

Working...
                            X